PRL Motorsports 1.5T Civic Product Line Development - 10th Gen Civic Forum
 6Likes

post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
Vendor

PRL Motorsports 1.5T Civic Product Line Development

Greetings 10th Gen Forum!

We purchased an EX-T Civic a few months back to develop our 10th Gen Civic product line on, but put the project on the back-burner to grow our other product lines until the MT 1.5Ts and Si were within grasp (our Si will arrive soon!). Now that the MT cars have become more readily available and the Si is near, it's time to get the ball rolling! Last week we began tearing into our EX-T. Here are some teasers!

Out with the old!

In with the new!

Due to the great success and support of our divided end tank 8th and 9th Gen intercoolers, we've decided to implement the divider(s) into a similar 10th Gen intercooler setup. We understand that the 1.5L motor and turbocharger is much smaller than the 2.0L and 2.4L K-Series engines that are using turbos capable of 50+ lbs/min, so we will be utilizing smaller diamter intercooler piping with a few other tricks to reduce turbo lag for quick spool. However, our intercooler will still be capable of big numbers for future power goals. Stay tuned for more!

Up next the 10th Gen community can expect an intake system w/ airbox, downpipe, intermediate pipe, cat-back exhaust system and much much more!
stak likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 04:14 PM

Sweet ! Need more teasers please

Thanks for the update though, this looks like it'll come out beast mode.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by B20Vtec View Post
Sweet ! Need more teasers please

Thanks for the update though, this looks like it'll come out beast mode.
We should have some more teasers within the next week or so Thanks!

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 08:42 PM

All this will be ok with a CVT also correct? I know you said Si and manual in the 1st post. I have a 17 Sport Hatchback with the center exhaust, will you be working on a system for that configuration also??
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk02 View Post
All this will be ok with a CVT also correct? I know you said Si and manual in the 1st post. I have a 17 Sport Hatchback with the center exhaust, will you be working on a system for that configuration also??
This car is a CVT EX-T, so yes our FMIC kit will fit the CVT and MT Coupe, Sedan and Hatchback.

We tore into the factory exhaust today in an effort to start moving forward with the intermediate pipe and downpipe. Here is what we got done today on our 3" intermediate piece which will utilize a flex section and factory exhaust mounting/hanger points.

The factory intermediate pipe's ID measures right below 2".
Deathklok and hawk02 like this.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 10:01 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Patiently waiting til you say on sale now^^^^Welcome to the forum guys.I remember y'all from the 9th.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathklok View Post
Patiently waiting til you say on sale now^^^^Welcome to the forum guys.I remember y'all from the 9th.
We're trying to get this project into production for you guys soon! Thank you, it's nice to see the community staying together.
Dallasjhawk likes this.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRL Motorsports View Post
This car is a CVT EX-T, so yes our FMIC kit will fit the CVT and MT Coupe, Sedan and Hatchback.

We tore into the factory exhaust today in an effort to start moving forward with the intermediate pipe and downpipe. Here is what we got done today on our 3" intermediate piece which will utilize a flex section and factory exhaust mounting/hanger points.

The factory intermediate pipe's ID measures right below 2".
Meant to say will the CVT handle all these bolt on power upgrades with a tune?? I know the turbo CVT is built stronger than the NA 2.0 but just not sure how much stronger. S mode on my 17 hatchback sport is pretty impressive, then you can use a manual paddle shift mode in S mode also.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-24-2016, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRL Motorsports View Post
We're trying to get this project into production for you guys soon! Thank you, it's nice to see the community staying together.
I came from the 8th gen board/community. Loving this 10th and I saw your downpipe mock up post and after what Vit said about a downpipe probably being the best bolt on and ya'll being who he generally uses,Ill be patiently waiting for the "now available" as well! Good too ya'll working on stuff for us and contributing to the forum

Current Rides
2016 Civic EX-T
2004 Acura TSX

Previous Honda Rides-Stock unless noted

2014 Accord Sport
2012 Accord EX
2009 Civic SI All Skunk2
2001 Accord V6 Coupe
1993 Delsol SOCH Turbo then DOCH NOS

1993 Prelude
1987 Prelude
1984 CRX
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk02 View Post
Meant to say will the CVT handle all these bolt on power upgrades with a tune?? I know the turbo CVT is built stronger than the NA 2.0 but just not sure how much stronger. S mode on my 17 hatchback sport is pretty impressive, then you can use a manual paddle shift mode in S mode also.
It's hard to say, time will tell. I don't think that these bolt-ons will be the death of the factory CVT trans. We've had pretty good luck with the 2015+ WRX platform's CVT trans holding considerably more torque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasjhawk View Post
I came from the 8th gen board/community. Loving this 10th and I saw your downpipe mock up post and after what Vit said about a downpipe probably being the best bolt on and ya'll being who he generally uses,Ill be patiently waiting for the "now available" as well! Good too ya'll working on stuff for us and contributing to the forum
That's great to hear! I think that the the piping in the FMIC kit along with the downpipe/intermediate pipe will be some of the best bolt-on mods available. We might have one more trick up our sleeve as well too, we will see.
hawk02 and Dallasjhawk like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 10th Gen Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page