10th Honda Civic Forum banner

Civic-X intakes for the 1.5-T

99K views 54 replies 16 participants last post by  Jsnead 
#1 · (Edited)
I thought Id start a thread to discuss all the intakes for the 1.5 Turbo.Hopefully we can start a database of all the intakes their pros and cons.Then stuck so it can be easily found.

#3 ·
I own the Mishimoto.Great quality IMO.The only thing Im concerned about is the metal box it sits in causing heatsoak.

#7 ·
did you remove the resonator box from below when you took out the factory intake?

#5 ·
Of course^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

#9 ·
#11 ·
Yep working on it:D

#12 · (Edited)
I'll then get this started but feel free to add others AFE/Takeda intake.

Attachments

#16 ·
^^^^^^^Yes that connects to the factory part that would go into the factory air box.That is a interesting feature.

#18 ·
Those are some impressive gains, gains along the lines of what seems like it can be felt unlike other intake systems i've had in the past. Did your development team provide any feedback on how it felt on the street with your intake?

Feeling makes modifications like this most rewarding :D

#19 · (Edited)
Is the top off the intake box?

#20 ·

Attachments

#22 ·
Is there a difference in airflow or temps?

#23 ·
Great questions. We were not able to record a significant difference between the two. When the car is at speed, air can be coming into the air inlets at up to speeds of 80mph, so airflow isn't badly affected with this method of testing. In the past, we have done tests with lids on and off, more often than not, there is no discernible difference in performance!

#37 · (Edited)
Reactions: hfpdohc
#26 ·
It's been discussed on a CivicX FB page that a aftermarket intake on a OEM Turbo setup adds no HP/TQ.It has to do with the factory resonance and air pressure flow into the engine.BTW I'm a member of all the FB CivicX groups.What Ive read and can't be confirmed or denied just sharing information as Ive read it.With all that said I do have a Mishimoto intake on my 1.5-t.But.... My last Civic was a 13 SI that I had a DP and full exhaust stock intake that was tuned and it drove like a Bat outa ****.

#27 ·
It's been discussed on a 10thcivicforum FB page that a aftermarket intake on a OEM Turbo setup adds no HP/TQ.It has to do with the factory resonance and air pressure flow into the engine.BTW I'm a member of all the FB 10thcivicforum groups.What Ive read and can't be confirmed or denied just sharing information as Ive read it.With all that said I do have a Mishimoto intake on my 1.5-t.But.... My last Civic was a 13 SI that I had a DP and full exhaust stock intake that was tuned and it drove like a Bat outa ****.
wow thanks for the great info!!!im not on facebook so thats why i dont know a lot yet on our new civic!
so if i dont go cold air.....and dont want the heatsoak and trow 250$ us (canadian discount is ridiculous)
do you think a k/n drop in filter would help me with some small gains and little more sound?

#30 ·
Vits latest dynos he's used the Ktuner.

#29 ·
#34 ·
I tend to agree @hawk02.I might go back to my stock intake when I begin tuning with the Ktuner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.