Black touring with Black or Ivory interior? - 10th Gen Civic Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

Black touring with Black or Ivory interior?

I have decided on Black and always get black interiors, but I saw the Ivory interior and thought it looked really classy. The black on black seems too much black. Thoughts on looks, maintenance etc ?

Last edited by cranker; 11-16-2015 at 07:39 PM.
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 07:50 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranker View Post
I have decided on Black and always get black interiors, but I saw the Ivory interior and thought it looked really classy. The black on black seems too much black. Thoughts on looks, maintenance etc ?
I'm in the same situation. I think I'm going with Ivory. I really like it. Even though it may take more upkeep, I think I will be able to keep it up. That's what it really comes down too. The upkeep. The black does look good too.

"Ride or Die" is a little cliche.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Taylor View Post
I'm in the same situation. I think I'm going with Ivory. I really like it. Even though it may take more upkeep, I think I will be able to keep it up. That's what it really comes down too. The upkeep. The black does look good too.
I have not seen the black on black, but when I was the black/ivory I thought it was awesome. I was set on white and have yet to see the touring in white (just the EX) ,but so far it's not grabbing me. It does not seem to show off the car like black. Any thoughts ? Anyone seen the black on black ? compared with the black/ivory? It just looks soon classy with the ivory interior. Not sure what to do !
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 08:22 PM

Garage
Quote:
I have not seen the black on black, but when I was the black/ivory I thought it was awesome. I was set on white and have yet to see the touring in white (just the EX) ,but so far it's not grabbing me. It does not seem to show off the car like black. Any thoughts ? Anyone seen the black on black ? compared with the black/ivory? It just looks soon classy with the ivory interior. Not sure what to do !
I haven't seen the '16 black on black, but my car now (see my garage pictures) is black on black. That's just what I like. But these new Ivory look amazing. Never have been a fan of white cars. The White pearl is nice but not enough to deviate me from black.

"Ride or Die" is a little cliche.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

The ivory leather seems to look particularly nice in this car. I never thought of getting anything but black before. It looks like it's from a much more expensive car. I'm caught off guard now ....lol I will try to see a white in touring but so far it does not seem to show off the car like the black does. I'm not clear on the ivory colour. Some cars that have ivory look white , but the ivory in the touring model does not look "ivory" to me. It looks much more of a tan color. Am I missing something?

Last edited by cranker; 11-16-2015 at 08:42 PM.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 11:18 PM

Quote:
The ivory leather seems to look particularly nice in this car. I never thought of getting anything but black before. It looks like it's from a much more expensive car. I'm caught off guard now ....lol I will try to see a white in touring but so far it does not seem to show off the car like the black does. I'm not clear on the ivory colour. Some cars that have ivory look white , but the ivory in the touring model does not look "ivory" to me. It looks much more of a tan color. Am I missing something?
Cranker,
I just bought a Touring, WOP with Ivory leather interior. NO doubt, it is not ivory...it is tan. I like it, especially cause it will stay COOL when it's hot outside!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 12:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartmj View Post
Cranker,
I just bought a Touring, WOP with Ivory leather interior. NO doubt, it is not ivory...it is tan. I like it, especially cause it will stay COOL when it's hot outside!
Nice ! They only have black interior in Canada and I might want to try tan or ivory or whatever it is .......lol
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 07:48 PM

I believe a darker colored interior is a safer bet across all trims. I had a 2014 Accord white orchid pearl with the ivory cloth interior and often enough if I took a small group out and eating was involved I would get small smudges on the tan colored upholstery. It is as if light grease from food was on someone's who did not wash their hands. I would only suggest ivory if the car is equipped with leather so it is easier to clean. Long term ivory cloth is a risk and much harder to keep clean.

Last edited by 10thGenCivic; 11-17-2015 at 07:51 PM.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 02:55 PM

The black and ivory does look really great. It reminds me of some of the interior options for the Acura NSX.

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

It really does look great. that is my dilemma. I would like ivory interior, but it only comes in black in canada. The WOP comes only with the black exterior . I have had black interior a few times so a change might be nice. It's tough when everyone tells me black is soon hard to keep clean and ivory is hard to keep clean etc..... I am leasing so it only has to last 4 years.........**** ! can't decide.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 10th Gen Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page