2016 Civic Rear Bumper Replace or Repaint? - 10th Gen Civic Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 11:04 AM Thread Starter

2016 Civic Rear Bumper Replace or Repaint?

Hi, I have a 2016 Honda Civic LX Sedan in Aegean Blue Metallic, a while ago I backed into a rail and it caused a small hole, so I decide to repair it myself with auto body filler, everything went well with the repair, in till the painting part. I got some matching paint from automotivetouchup, and I'm no expert in painting or really any car repair so the paint job didn't turn out well, it's mainly the mismatching, the touch up paint is much much darker. It didn't really bother me too much so I never fixed it, it was in till a shopping cart hit my car and scratched it, in the exact place where I did the repair. At this point it looks pretty bad so I've been thinking of getting it fixed up professional, and don't know how to go.

I'm pretty tight on budget, so I don't know whats the best place to get the repair done. I've looked into some paint shops near me some local and a MAACO, but haven't gotta a quote yet. I've also looked into replacing the whole thing with a bumper I saw on ebay that seems to be a really good price fully painted. I've included some pictures of my back bumper and since I can't post links I included a screenshot of the ebay post, if anyone has any suggestions on how to go about this please let me know, thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190329_082851.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	246.4 KB
ID:	20083   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190329_082856.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	223.7 KB
ID:	20085   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190329_082859.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	191.2 KB
ID:	20087   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190329_082854.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	199.6 KB
ID:	20089   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	20091  

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 08:18 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Get some rubbing compound and buff out all the sanding marks and scuffs and live with the color difference, or try to match the color better and spray it again don't mask off the blue this time, blend it in. If you get a new skin or a professional job some ass will back into the next day and you will be in the same boat again but with less money. If I sound a little harsh it's because it happened to me! You can do a really good job yourself if you take your time and do a little research, you have already learned what not to do on the first attempt, so go for it it will only get better.

FROM THE GREAT WHITE NORTH

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 10th Gen Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page