Car scratches - 10th Gen Civic Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

Car scratches

Hi everybody, I'm hoping u guys can help me out. I just purchased a new civic about 1 month ago and I just discovered a couple of scratchs and I'm pretty upset about it. I'm a new car owner and I love my car. I've been looking online but there's so much information. This is what I can figure out. The scratches are minor, it looks white but nail doesn't catch at all so it's seems like a clear coat damage only. I went to the dealer and they said to find rubbing solution at a car shop and go from there.

I read because it's so minor polish is fine rather then a rubbing compound? But I heard rubbing compund strips the clear coat and while I do want to fix the scratches, I also want to preserve the clear coat and paint around the scratches and not further scratch it up, if that's even possible. Do I need to follow up with a wax if I polish just that spot? Is there any more clear coat of I remove until it's gone?i mean does it need to be repolished? What product do u recommend? I apologize, I'm rather clueless with all these and it's my first car so I want to take care of it as long as I can without spending an arm and leg

Thank you!
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Today, 06:50 PM

bullet hole stickers:-)

I just got mine and was immaculate but something flu on the fway and hit my rear passenger door!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 10th Gen Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in