10th Honda Civic Forum banner

Blow off valve?

49K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  geolemon 
#1 ·
Has anyone replaced their blow off valve yet? I'm interested in putting one in.

#4 ·
Sadly I haven't found a way to do it yet. The civic uses a Dual Port Bypass Valve and is mounted on to the turbo like Mitsubishi turbos. The thing that makes it not possible to use other dual port bypass valves is the way the turbo is. If you take your bypass valve off and look at other dual port bypass valves..you'll see why it won't work. I plan on getting the car into my friends shop and figuring out a way to make it happen though.

#6 ·
The problem I see is that our bypass valve sits flush to the turbo as the Fiestas bypass valve has a part going into the turbo. I've thought about a bypass valve adapter too but then there's still a piece sticking out of it that needs to actually go onto the turbo housing.

#13 ·
Sooo I have heard about issues with installing a BOV causing the vehicles CPU to think there is a boost leak.. something about the "recirculating air?" Anyway, I don't want to pay for a 200$ BOV and have to go crawling to the Stealership to have them reflash or reset my ECU to clear the issue.. how long has anyone had one of these on their 1.5LT?

#15 ·
Nooooooooo don't do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.