10th Honda Civic Forum banner

Post your aftermarket wheels

94K views 63 replies 28 participants last post by  jhe23lo 
#1 ·
My wife & I just bought a 16 Civic Touring in Orchid Pearl. She wants 18's for her summer wheels so I'm looking to see what options people have chosen to go with.

So, as the title says........post your wheel setups whatever you have.....might see a 17" or 19" package that changes her mind.

#42 ·
what's the red badge there on the back? 'special edition' ???

i think the brakes need to upgraded with those wheels....those look really small now

and the wheels...i'm guessing they are the really really expensive brand

#44 ·
Just want to confirm our 10th gen wheels do not have TPMS sensors?

#45 ·
That is correct no sensors in the wheels. From another post "I don't know why Honda went with this setup. I can speculate that the public does not want TPMS sensors in the tires due to the added cost when changing rims, and their is probably a cost savings due to the fact their is no hardware in this setup just software piggybacking on the traction control system, but the US auto industry is mandated by government to have some form of TMPS. At first I thought this was a neat new innovation for the reasons above, but as I read up on it I quickly found out that this is really old technology, in fact this was the very first TPMS of any kind and was quickly replaced due to its many flaws. The flaws that allow false readings are tire spin due to road conditions and change of wheel circumference due to snow or mud build up on tires. Honda Canada was lucky, their is no such government legislation so they just eliminated TPMS from the entire Civic lineup, it's the first manufacture to omit the TPMS in three years and will probably set a trend among others."

#46 ·
I'm looking at some wheels and the shops telling me the wheels have TPMS sensors.I knew they didn't but wanted to make sure.Thanks^^^^

#49 ·
So when i ordered my wheels they matched my wheels with 215/45/17s tires not the stock 215/50/17s.They are 1 inch shorter in height.Anybody running this combo?The stock tire is 80 in in circumference and the 45 is 77.3in in circumference.I ordered from Carid by the way.Speedo will be 3.7% off BTW.

#50 ·
I ran that type of set-up on my 99cx , one size smaller than spec for summer and one size larger for winter. Your acceleration will be quicker off the line but your top end will suffer. Something else of concern will be breaking, your breaks will try to lock up faster causing your ABS to kick in sooner! It's recommended that you don't exceed 3% of OEM.

#51 ·
Was told that 215/50/17 should only go on a 7.5 wide rim?
My wheels are 17X8 with a +40 offset so according to some calculations this looks ok to use?The offset moves the wheel out 5mm and tires are .8 in.wider so that's .4 on each side?

Attachments

#52 · (Edited)
I believe I was wrong(after you told me) the OEM rim is 7x17 +45os, your new rim is 8x17 +40os. This will move your rim out to fender 18mm and in to suspension 8mm. Your tire width changes .8" between these two tires and will move tread out to fender 15mm and in to suspension 5mm.

#53 ·
I believe the OEM rim is 7x17 +35os, your new rim is 8x17 +40os. This will move your rim out to fender 8mm and in to suspension 18mm. Your tire width changes .8" between these two tires and will move tread out to fender 5mm and in to suspension 15mm.
I thought the factory rims were + 45 offset?

#57 ·
If I was going to change out wheels and tires, I go with this combination:

wheels: 18x8 +48
tires: 235/45 18

This combination is 1mm greater in diameter, has 1" greater contact patch, closer to the suspension by 0.5" and sticks out 0.3" over OEM. The speedometer error at 60 mph is 60.1 mph. This would have not clearance issues but it would not look any different from the OEM set up in the wheel well. I don't like going larger or smaller for that matter because I wouldn't want to create great error in the speedometer error.

#58 ·
TSW Nurburgring Rotary Forged wheels in 17x7.5

Attachments

#60 ·
Great choice of wheels ^^^

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.