10th Honda Civic Forum banner

Brake Pads ?

16K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Nightshade 
#1 ·
Just wondering which brake pads people will be switching to eventually. StopTech, Hawk, etc. ?

I've personally had quite good experiences with the StopTech Street Performance pads but they definitely needed to be warmed up properly before they were of any use. Pretty iffy when they were cold. That didn't really bother me that much though. They held very very well, brake dust wasn't that bad either.

What have you guys had experience running and will you continue or switch ?

#5 ·
Anything similar to OEM or better gets my dollars. But I think while the wheels are still new i'll look into having them coated just to prevent possible damage from cleaning and of course that coating will make it easier to clean. Might turn out just spraying it with water from a powerwasher is enough vs powerwasher + wheel acid.

#7 ·
I usually just go with the OEM brake pads when they need replacing but I would like to try aftermarket pads for comparison. Has anyone tried Akebono pads? There are mixed reviews like less dust, more dust, great stopping power but the ceramic heats up the rotors, long lasting, etc.

#14 ·
New Honda Owner From CT

Thanks for the add guys. I haven't been on forums since my Subaru days so forgive me if I'm not up to date with proper etiquette. I recently picked up a 17 and the used car manager threw in a complete set (4) slotted rotors from a company called SP Performance. My first reaction was "Oh look...EBAY'" but with a little googling when I got home I saw that they've been a US company that actually does all machining and plating in house so I decided to give them a shot.

I am very impressed. I've had DBA and Stoptech in the past and these perform just as well, but the coating they provide actually holds up to the New England weather unlike many Stoptech sets I have had in the past.

Some guy was also passing around a code for the site on IG which led me here "tenthgen20"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.