10th Honda Civic Forum banner

Tire Info: Hankook Kinergy GT and Firestone FT140 tires

11K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  kckunkun 
#1 ·
All Civic Sedan models come with either Hankook Kinergy GT (Civic LX) or Firestone FT140 (EX and above) tires as standard equipment. Developed cooperatively with Honda engineers and the tire companies, despite being wider, the tires help reduce rolling resistance by 10-percent while also helping to reduce noise and vibration, improving both fuel efficiency and ride quality in the process. The tires contribute to the Civic's best-in-class rolling resistance performance. They also help reduce unsprung weight by 6.6 pounds, allowing the engineers greater control of suspension tuning, which further improves ride and handling characteristics.
http://hondanews.com/channels/civic/releases/2016-honda-civic-sedan-press-kit-chassis

#3 ·
You're definitely in the minority about the wheel designs, most people so far hate them. I don't really like the EX wheels, but i really don't mind the EXT/EXL and touring designs. And honestly the LX hubcaps have one of the best looks for a hubcap design i've seen from honda in a long time. Interesting info on the tires, hope they handle better than the 9th gen tires (being a bit wider should help out)

#7 ·
The answer for me is always aftermarket, most OEM wheels just don't cut it, there are the few that do and this time around all it is for me are HFP Accord wheels. Actually I think someone with a 10th did just that, may not be accord HFP wheels but they are indeed HFP wheels.

#8 ·
Too much going on imo. Maybe they're going for a futuristic look? I dunno. But there's a reason why rims have largely had the same style and design - five, six, multi spoke or mesh.

This crazy stuff, there will probably be one or two that like it, but I'm thinking definitely in the minority.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.