New Civic Owner, First Car, First Honda - 10th Gen Civic Forum
 3Likes
  • 3 Post By kausdc

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

New Civic Owner, First Car, First Honda

Just got a Civic LX w/ CVT last weekend. It's my first ever car purchase after my family's old 2000 Toyota Avalon that I was driving for almost 10 years got totaled in an accident (RIP, you still had 10 more years in you). It's also the first Honda we've owned in the family. Gonna be hanging around here for tips on ownership and all that jazz. Looking forward to it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kaHRKPn.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	6265  
10thgenadmin, RobbJK88 and Becky like this.

Last edited by kausdc; 08-30-2016 at 03:12 PM.
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 12:34 PM

Congrats on the new car and first honda! My family was quite a bit the toyota family (corolla, celica, tercel, pickups, etc) but i'm slowly converting them all to hondas. haha. (we've now got civic, accord and fit in the family, pushing for a new HRV for my mom)

5 Civics in 10 years. I might be an addict.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 02:36 PM

Welcome to the Honda world, you made the right choice, although I'm not sure I would be able to say that if you went for the 9th Civic. Were you looking at any toyotas before deciding to get the Civic?

A number of my Toyota friends went for the Camry instead of Civic.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith View Post
Welcome to the Honda world, you made the right choice, although I'm not sure I would be able to say that if you went for the 9th Civic. Were you looking at any toyotas before deciding to get the Civic?

A number of my Toyota friends went for the Camry instead of Civic.
Thanks! Toyota didn't even cross my mind, I just don't like any of their current offerings (although I rented a Camry while my claim was going through and that was nice). I was deciding between this and the Mazda3 hatch, but had a bad experience at the Mazda dealership I went to so went with the Civic. Could not be happier so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbJK88 View Post
Congrats on the new car and first honda! My family was quite a bit the toyota family (corolla, celica, tercel, pickups, etc) but i'm slowly converting them all to hondas. haha. (we've now got civic, accord and fit in the family, pushing for a new HRV for my mom)
Haha, we have no brand loyalty. In my family we have a BMW 5, a 1999 Ford Expedition, a Mazda6, and now my Civic.

Last edited by kausdc; 08-30-2016 at 03:21 PM.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 09:27 PM

I could never buy a Camry. Not that they are bad cars. But, they are used a lot as taxi's and I just can't see myself owning a taxi as my daily driver..
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-31-2016, 09:33 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kausdc View Post
my family's old 2000 Toyota Avalon that I was driving for almost 10 years got totaled in an accident !
Condolences on your Avalon. Those cars were built with luxury in mind but over time they also serve as a good ole warhorse of a car.
My 2nd car is a 2000 Toyota Rav 4 with 154K miles on it. I'm hoping to put another 150K on it if I can. It's not much for power, but it has no fear of any type of weather condition
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 08:58 AM

Welcome to the forums and congratulations on your first Honda ! Plan on letting the mod bug get the best of you ??
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 09:29 AM

Good ole Toyota, sturdy as **** but not that persuasive in the looks department. Congrats on the new Honda Civic! It's both reliable and one of the best looking lineup out there for an affordable price.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
Good ole Toyota, sturdy as **** but not that persuasive in the looks department. Congrats on the new Honda Civic! It's both reliable and one of the best looking lineup out there for an affordable price.
Add to that driving dynamics, as more information comes to light we should see that the new Civic was designed with future performance trims in mind, so in a way they're building in the tolerance for that performance. Compared to the Corolla that might not have any of that.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 03:52 AM

This is also my first Honda and second Japanese car, I owned a few Honda Motorcycles in my life time and I never had any real issues with them. I just joined the Forum recently, so welcome and good luck with your car.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 10th Gen Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page