1st New Car Purchase - '17 Hatch EX - 10th Gen Civic Forum

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

1st New Car Purchase - '17 Hatch EX

Hey guys!

Made my first new car purchase at the end of November and snatched up a blue 2017 Civic EX hatch.

I'd been watching the 10th gen cars for a while, but when the hatchback first surfaced, I fell for it hard! Made a trip to the local dealership on a whim one afternoon after I'd seen some hatchbacks show up in their inventory only to find out that the dealership was running a 20% off MSRP deal on all new vehicles...my plan to wait until Spring to trade in my pickup got thrown out the window right then and there. Was kind of tough choosing between the EX and the Sport, as they had a couple of each on their lot. Being a long-time auto enthusiast, I loved the wheels, red gauges, center-exit exhaust, and other good-looking bits on the Sport, but ultimately the other features won me over on the EX. Plus, the color blue on this EX reminded me of the Mugen Si I owned for a while, so that helped sway me a bit.

Anyway, looking forward to learning as much as I can about the car, modding a few things here and there, and enjoying the community! Already got a set of Mugen coil pack emblems ordered thanks to a thread on here...
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 08:10 PM

Welcome! Pics?

Please come with a review after a month or so.

2005 Honda Accord V6 LX - 149k
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2015 Rocky Mountain Soul (Runs on fat)

2005 Toyota Corolla
2011 Ninja 250R
2006 Cadillac CTS
1999 Nissan Altima
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

I actually haven't taken any pics yet lol, it's been so **** cold and snowy here I've hardly wanted to spend any time outside to get some decent ones.

Friday I'll be off in the afternoon though, with our 20 degree heat wave this week I'll try to snap some and get 'em posted up! Would be glad to post up a review of my experience thus far. Perhaps I'll post a review and some pics at the same time.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 11:15 AM

Congrats on the new ride! I'd get that model too, if I'm getting.

I was trending toward the battleship grey. But the white ones stand out too, they have a Star Wars flavor to them.

Costco had one on their floor a few days ago. Very sharp looking car.

2015 Soul+ Yellow
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

Thanks!

That grey is really sharp too...that's what color the Sport model was that I was looking at, which made my choice that much tougher. Definitely agree on the SW flavor; after seeing Rogue One I kinda want to get a vanity plate with some kind of semi-obscure Star Wars reference, considering the hatchbacks kinda have a sci-fi look overall
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 01:27 PM

Good luck! It's tough buying a car now in the winter months especially where you live. It's sort of baptism not by fire but by ice! LOL
Take good care of it through these rough months!

PS. I have a 2016 Touring 4 dr. almost 6 months old and am loving it every day! NYC metropolitan area, definitely not harsh like your winters but can be nasty here at times, too.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Cartolano View Post
Good luck! It's tough buying a car now in the winter months especially where you live. It's sort of baptism not by fire but by ice! LOL
Take good care of it through these rough months!

PS. I have a 2016 Touring 4 dr. almost 6 months old and am loving it every day! NYC metropolitan area, definitely not harsh like your winters but can be nasty here at times, too.
Thanks man!

Watched someone almost get t-boned on the way to pick up some equipment this morning, so yeah, definitely staying on my guard! Hasn't been bad at all so far aside from the blizzard we got, and really the only trouble the Civic has had is where the road is just ice, but as long as you're easy on it you can get around fine it seems. Wasn't terribly excited to trade in my pickup before/during winter, but it's proven to be a real solid driver in all conditions so far. Can't wait for spring!

2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 07:39 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
A shopping cars got mine on Sunday two small dents and scratches

FROM THE GREAT WHITE NORTH

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 10th Gen Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page