EX-T Software Issues!!!!! - 10th Gen Civic Forum
 2Likes

post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-13-2016, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

Angry EX-T Software Issues!!!!!

I have been having a lot of software issues with my 2016 EX-T. The Honda Link does not work most of the time, the clock will not update, the Bluetooth does not recognize my phone and the Android Auto hardly ever works and this is after having in the shop twice in the past 2 months! Anyone else having these issues?
Civib likes this.
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-13-2016, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickmister15 View Post
I have been having a lot of software issues with my 2016 EX-T. The Honda Link does not work most of the time, the clock will not update, the Bluetooth does not recognize my phone and the Android Auto hardly ever works and this is after having in the shop twice in the past 2 months! Anyone else having these issues?
I had a few of these issues including the volume issue. Everything cleared up when they installed the latest software.... hondalink,aha, clock.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-13-2016, 03:04 PM

I too have had some annoying issues with my 2016 Civic EX. Although I have had it to the dealership twice, the permanent fix doesn't exist, at least for me. Here's what has happened to me too many times to remember: We pair our phones up to the system, and everything works fine, including Android Auto. Then for no reason whatsoever, I will get in the car with my Bluetooth on, and the system doesn't recognise my phone or my wife's phone. The record without this happening is 19 days. The ONLY fix for me is to do a factory data reset, which takes about 5 minutes. After I do that, the system is like it was on day one, and I have to re-pair our cell phones, and off we go again, UNTIL the next RANDOM time I get in the car with my Bluetooth on, and the system doesn't recognise my phone.

To do a factory data reset, go to settings, system, scroll all the way down and touch Factory Data Reset and touch "YES" or "OK" about 4 times and don't turn your car off until the system comes back on. The 1st time you do this, it may scare the crap out of you, but it does work.

Hopefully, Honda will have a software update to address this at some point.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-13-2016, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickmister15 View Post
I had same issues with my Touring, just restart the touchscreen by holding power button for 5-10 seconds. This should resolve all your problems!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-13-2016, 04:15 PM

Honda's efforts to fix these issues will be proportional to the pain they feel over them.

Honda In-Car Technology Support: (888) 528-7876
Honda Customer Service: (800) 999-1009

They'll tell you to take it to the dealer, no doubt. And the dealer can't do much of anything to fix software issues besides put heat on Honda as well. Unfortunately, they only get paid for spending time fixing things, so they are less likely to spend effort beating on Honda simply because there's no money in it for them until Honda releases a fix. Then they can spend reimbursable time installing it.
goflyakuite likes this.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 02:08 AM

Garage
All those happened to my ex-t too.
clock thing....I went into settings and come out, and it's solved.

For connectivity, press and hold power, until your head unit restart. it would took 2-3 mins, don't worry. Than everything go well too....

I wouldn't call that a permanent solution, but it works ... for now

2016 Civic EX-T BNP
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-18-2016, 01:05 AM

Is there a way to update the software without physically driving the car to the dealer?
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-18-2016, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot941 View Post
Is there a way to update the software without physically driving the car to the dealer?
No sign that Honda will make such a way available. They need to. They probably won't.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-18-2016, 06:50 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot941 View Post
Nope, and I doubt they ever will either.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2016 Rallye Red Honda Civic Touring

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Western Massachusetts USA

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-18-2016, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCivicTouringMA View Post
Nope, and I doubt they ever will either.
Ford, for one, sent out sticks and made available downloads and a process to get them in the car via the owner's stick, for their My Ford Touch system. Their third generation infotainment, that replaces the horribly buggy MFT, includes the ability to check for, download, and install infotainment updates unattended and OTA. Honda will get with the program, at least for infotainment updates, sooner or later.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 10th Gen Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page