Test drove today - Page 2 - 10th Gen Civic Forum
 12Likes

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-14-2015, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5TAR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin35623 View Post
Not a big car guy but ill tell you I don't think the smile on my face ever went away when I was driving the car
That easily happen with a new car that you've only been in for so long, the real test will be with weeks into ownership.
I drove one a week ago today everytime I look at the car I still smile
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-14-2015, 08:18 PM

Thanks for the info!

Do you recall if it had the overhead console accent lighting that softly illuminates the console at night?
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-14-2015, 09:11 PM

I test drove a ex 2.0. The ride was good and it was very quiet. My only downer is the seatbelt buckle seemed cheap. And I hate that the backseat doesn't have cushions with cloth on the outer edges just two big pieces of plastic.

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-14-2015, 10:34 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseestorm View Post
Thanks for the info!

Do you recall if it had the overhead console accent lighting that softly illuminates the console at night?
I don't know about that, but I did notice that some of the lights did dim. I check out a civic in the evening. The sun was setting. The head lights were on but not on auto. I switched it to auto and the lights inside the car dimmed. The HUD, the touch screen, the little blue led light that shines down above the shifter turned on. Everything seemed to get ready for night driving.
josby, Becky and Tennesseestorm like this.

"Ride or Die" is a little cliche.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 12:04 AM

The CVT's upshifting --->
"The CVT even does a reasonable imitation of a *conventional automatic when the driver mashes the throttle pedal to the floor, “upshifting” at its 6000-rpm power peak." Car & Driver

What are your thoughts on it simulating shifts? (I hate this btw)
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-06-2015, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx View Post
The CVT's upshifting --->
"The CVT even does a reasonable imitation of a *conventional automatic when the driver mashes the throttle pedal to the floor, “upshifting” at its 6000-rpm power peak." Car & Driver

What are your thoughts on it simulating shifts? (I hate this btw)
I agree, no sense in faking it, I would rather get the drone right on the power than to flirt around it to create some sort of nostalgia.

I mean, IT would be weird for a rocket to act like it can shift right?
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-10-2015, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIijing View Post
I agree, no sense in faking it, I would rather get the drone right on the power than to flirt around it to create some sort of nostalgia.

I mean, IT would be weird for a rocket to act like it can shift right?
Yes it would be. I have a CVT Honda Fit and thoroughly enjoy it. The RPM to stay at it's peak powerband seems perfect for me. Non of that simulation crap.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-10-2015, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Taylor View Post
I don't know about that, but I did notice that some of the lights did dim. I check out a civic in the evening. The sun was setting. The head lights were on but not on auto. I switched it to auto and the lights inside the car dimmed. The HUD, the touch screen, the little blue led light that shines down above the shifter turned on. Everything seemed to get ready for night driving.
When we purchased our Toyota Highlander in 2008 it has the little led light that shines down from the roof to the shifter and cup holders. Took me 5 minutes to figure out where the heck the flow was coming from. At the time I thought it was so cool.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-10-2015, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseestorm View Post
Thanks for the info!

Yes on the upper trims it does for sure. Drove a Touring model this past Monday and it has an LED up near the Sunroof controls that shines down into the shifter and center console area.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-13-2015, 02:40 PM

Garage
I'm 5'1" (female) I grew up in the 70's muscle car era, but I'm also a techie, so I loved all the gadgets inside my Touring model, and driving it really put a smile on my face.
And when the turbo kicked in, I caught myself giggling :-)
Fredlee012364 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2016 Rallye Red Honda Civic Touring

Western Massachusetts USA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 10th Gen Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page