Here are my previous experiences with cars.
- 94 Integra 4dr man.
- 07 Mazda 3 GT hatch man.
- 10 Mazda 3 2.0 hatch auto
- Ford Escort auto
- Ford Focus auto
- 11 Mazda 6 V6 auto
I'm 6 feet tall, slim body.
- new civic is low, both roof line and seatings. Not S2000 kind of low, but certainly lower than any sedan/hatch I drove before.
- Line-watch is nice, but sometime it distracts me. I could live without it...or get use to it
-Arm rest, well placed. Haven't put any cup in it yet, can't really comment on its size or position.
-Glove box is fair size I think. ,it's not damped, hit my gf's knee when I opened it. Oups~ lol
-Moonroof was opened when I was about 70km/h, no loud wind noise. A big like here from my gf.
- Rear seats are soft! much softer than anything I had before. Can't say it's bad, but I don't know how it will turn out on a long trip.
-Rear seats are also quiet low, me and my girlfriend all find the seating position a bit awkward. You really have to seat back and lay down on you back, otherwise you feel like on a soft small/low bench.
(we both prefer the seating position in the rear of the FIT or HRV, more upright in position 1, and comfy in position 2
-Rear leg room is excellent. I'm 6' and there is plenty room behind me.
-Fuel door is a press-open type, but it does lock when doors are locked. I feel much safer now
-Both LX and EX-T have that tiny "blue light" on the roof. I remember someone in this forum was asking about this. here you go~
-Strangely, I found the hood was kinda heavy (EX)... more than I expect. I'm pretty sure a aftermarket CF or alum. hood is a very good start for weight reduction
- trunk.....size is alright, not surprisingly big nor small, not amazingly deep either, no comment here.
But, there were still no handle or cord to close it.
I hate to leave finger prints on trunk lid.....honda, can you feel me?!
- Cabin Noise.....hum....it's quieter, quieter than a 2.0 Mazda3 with 17" summer or 15" winter tire. I think it might be almost as quiet as the 2011 Mazda6.
-Wind ...wind, yes, there were wind noise! I can definitely hear it on LX (it's not an open window, I double checked). So I guess, it might be a rubber seal prob.But it was almost non-existent on the EX-T.
To future buyers, Test drive your new car on highway speed, it might happen on your car too.
-Engine sound. I personally find the engine sound better in the 2.0. The usual Honda NA engine noise I used to get. But it's also quieter in 1.5T. (my top speed in both was about 115 km/h cruise, hard acceleration between 50 to 110 km/h).
It's actually my first time with a CVT (my roommate have a Prius, but the road noise is soo loud on the highway, panels are thin. didn't like it at all) I can't really tell if there was a CVT noise or simply the road noise. No comment here.
- Engine performance? ... they feel about the same in "D", neither of them pushed me in the seat. Seriously, if I can't hear the engine, I might not be able to tell which car had turbo and which doesn't. (ok, maybe 1.5T had that slight advantage, I think it's probably a placebo effect) Makes me having a hard time to choose between 2.0 or 1.5T.
-"S" (sport mode) does help with throttle response in both models, they rev higher and react faster. Also pushes harder, 1.5T does shine here compare to the 2.0.
- "Hold break", works as it should, well done~
......and I think that's about every points that caught my attention. I was a little upset when I left dealership. Yes 10th gen Civic is nice, better than any 4 cylinders I drove before, but this test drive still didn't really help me decide between 2.0 or 1.5T, for me the difference between both engine weren't significant, but I really don't want to settle with a EX for the next 5 years . Maybe a Si sedan would make my heart beat again XD
Oh,and to all Canadian buyers... NO Rally Red for us