Spied: triple exhaust!?!? - 10th Gen Civic Forum
 3Likes

post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-25-2015, 12:37 AM Thread Starter

Spied: triple exhaust!?!?

10th Civic hatch with triple exhaust, spied in Spain. Could the Si or Type-R offer such an unconventional exhaust?

https://www.pistonudos.com/noticias/f...ras-espanolas/

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-25-2015, 09:06 AM

I think the tailpipes would look a lot better if they were the same size. The middle pipe looks inadequate between the two bigger ones. Depending on where you are, this version of the civic may not be available to you. I think another version will be made for the European market.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-25-2015, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tires View Post
I think the tailpipes would look a lot better if they were the same size. The middle pipe looks inadequate between the two bigger ones. Depending on where you are, this version of the civic may not be available to you. I think another version will be made for the European market.
What kind of version exactly? The civic is global car now. Other than offering diesel options and smaller gas engine options in europe what other versions could they release other than the type R and Si that would have exhaust pipes like that? And we already know we're getting both of those (europe might not get an Si, but who knows at this point)

Most likely this is just another frankenstein test mule to test engine and exhaust bits and in no way shape or form represents any part of the finished car. The front end is ILX, the side is ILX, the interior is probably ILX too. The rear was grafted on from a current gen Euro hatch civic (i can tell by the tail lights) only the center LED light bar between the outter housings might have come form the 10th gen coupe as the current euro hatch doesn't have the full width bar like that, but the outter housings are definitely current euro model.

5 Civics in 10 years. I might be an addict.
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-25-2015, 12:13 PM

The grille looks more Acura than Honda. Maybe this isn't a Civic. Probably some mash up of different models just to take out testing.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-25-2015, 12:16 PM

I like the triple exhaust, the middle one being smaller than the outer two can be seen as adding character to it rather than being just 3 in the same diameter.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-25-2015, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civil View Post
The grille looks more Acura than Honda. Maybe this isn't a Civic. Probably some mash up of different models just to take out testing.
Its just a test mule. It looks like an acura because it is. The entire 2/3 front of the car is an ILX. The back end is a current gen euro hatch. We saw one of these some months ago testing. It's a cheaper easier way to test various components for the upcoming 10th gen hatch without actually having a production ready body for the car.

Other automakers do this all the time. Recently there was a modified Australian ute that was being used to test the engine components for the mid engine corvette.

Most likely the ILX is closer in size to the new civic (with the longer hood) so its body works well for testing the 10th gen parts. Most likely honda hasn't yet built an actual 10th gen hatch yet (like the coupe and sedan) because it's still more than a year away from production.

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-25-2015, 12:21 PM

I do like it though its hard to have a fully informed opinion when so much is camouflaged. Seems like a more after market thing than something offered from the manufacturer. I'm not sure if everyone would like it.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-25-2015, 12:29 PM
MTD

The triple exhaust could be a few things. The smaller pipe could be a wastegate dump pipe if its turbo and/or diesel, it could also be a variable exhaust of some sort, opening and closing the smaller pipe for sound or emissions, or it could simple be for esthetics.
RobbJK88 likes this.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-25-2015, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTD View Post
The triple exhaust could be a few things. The smaller pipe could be a wastegate dump pipe if its turbo and/or diesel, it could also be a variable exhaust of some sort, opening and closing the smaller pipe for sound or emissions, or it could simple be for esthetics.
I could see it being a diesel feature. Most likely the 10th gen euro hatch will still come with a diesel option, it could be for that. Or as some people mentioned it could be some kind of dual action econ/sport switch exhaust to help keep EPA numbers up on paper.

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 03:42 PM

its definitely something sporty... they wouldn't run it around on low pros and what 17's/18's just for fun. They're getting relevant data from that setup... I wouldn't be surprised if that actually the 10th CTR... which would be interesting that they've started on it already... if it is the 10th CTR can we safely assume that they've shortened the current cars life cycle?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 10th Gen Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page