Top 5 Honda Civic Modifications - 10th Gen Civic Forum

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

Top 5 Honda Civic Modifications

The car is with us, but the aftermarket is not. Yet.

From the couple conversations we've had with vendors most of the goodies for the 2016 Civic won't show up until the new year. Ostensibly most of them will coincide with the Coupes debut on dealer lots. The Coupe has always been a more robust market for the aftermarket then the sedan.

Our friends at @PRO Civic tell us that intakes, exhausts and coil over suspension are already under development from some of the biggest names in the game.

In order to whet your appetite we bring you the Top 5 most common mods to the Honda Civic!

1. Tints

Common with both the custom crowd and commuters across the sun belt. Some people think it looks better, some people just want shade.

2. Intakes

How else would you know VTEC kicked in? The Civic has always had a distinct intake sound when the cams switch over. Something the new 2.0 offers in spades.

3. Suspension

From coilovers to cut springs, the Civic has seen them all.

4. Exhaust/Mufflers

You know and love the sound and fury the 4 pots make trying to seem speedy.

5. Wheels

Myriad of options from OEM to afermarket.

If modded Civics are your thing be sure to check out our contest, sending one lucky member to the 2016 Tokyo Autosalon!
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 03:24 PM

does anyone know who did the suspension for the Galpin Civic in the top image?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 05:36 PM

I'm hoping that the 2016 Civic will be somewhat grown up. Yea I know these are the most common mods for older civics, but I'm hoping the cherry bomb exhausts are a thing of the past...

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 09:27 AM

Tint and wheels for me. The more basic necessities, everything else I leave to more experienced members.

Not sure what suspension was used for Galpin Civic but you can try looking at their window decals for a clue. I tried zooming in but couldn't make out much.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 02:14 PM

I I would do tints and wheels. That's about it though. I am not looking to appear in the next Fast and Furious movie.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 02:30 PM

If I have to settle for LX trim to get a manual transmission in the hatchback next year, replacing the infotainment system will be the most important mod for me. No way will I do without Android Auto in a new car I'll likely keep 10 years.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown Drifter View Post
If I have to settle for LX trim to get a manual transmission in the hatchback next year, replacing the infotainment system will be the most important mod for me. No way will I do without Android Auto in a new car I'll likely keep 10 years.
We know Honda will be coupling the 1.5T with the 6MT next year.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessuno View Post
We know Honda will be coupling the 1.5T with the 6MT next year.
Across all Civic models, or just the Coupe? I'll be getting the hatchback.

I'm OK with either engine.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown Drifter View Post
Across all Civic models, or just the Coupe? I'll be getting the hatchback.

I'm OK with either engine.
Sedan too... no info on hatch yet naturally... but I would assume so if the other 2 have it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 10th Gen Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page