Civic 2016 wont start - Page 2 - 10th Gen Civic Forum
 1Likes

post #11 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 09:18 PM

My new Civic won't start

My Honda Civic EX 2016 was purchased six months ago. Today, when I wanted to go out it would not start. Honda Roadside Assistance came out and said it wasn't the battery. He wouldn't tow it though. He told me to call my insurance company. Shouldn't this be covered under my warranty? I only have 1,000 miles on it. Makes me wish I didn't purchase this car.
post #12 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 11:38 PM

yet another one. pretty vague as to what happened to the car. why wouldn't' he tow it? what did he say? have you modified it in any way? was it a crank, no start scenario, or was it a no crank, no start? There are many reasons why it may not start...

need more information if you seriously want some advice and help.

hiding from those who might be looking for me
post #13 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-17-2016, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgm30062 View Post
My Honda Civic EX 2016 was purchased six months ago. Today, when I wanted to go out it would not start. Honda Roadside Assistance came out and said it wasn't the battery. He wouldn't tow it though. He told me to call my insurance company. Shouldn't this be covered under my warranty? I only have 1,000 miles on it. Makes me wish I didn't purchase this car.
I don't understand why they wouldn't tow it and told you to call your insurance company. That's complete nonsense, I would call and have a fit.

post #14 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 02:04 PM

Reason behind why it wasn't towed is what i'm interested in hearing since from my own experience and observing the experience of others, that very rarely happens and when it does, it's some issue with the tow truck driver that's not in line with how they're supposed to operate.
post #15 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgm30062 View Post
Hello Igm30062,

We sincerely apologize for your negative experience with Honda Roadside Assistance. We'd like to have a Honda representative speak with you regarding this concern. You may contact us directly at 1800-999-1009 opt.7. Alternatively, you may PM us your full name, VIN, phone number, and the name of your preferred Honda dealership. We'd be happy to create a case and forward it to the correct department for further review. Thank you for expressing this concern ad we look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,
-GR

Honda Automobile Customer Service
Phone: 1-800-999-1009
Facebook: @honda
Twitter: @HondaCustSvc
post #16 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 01:28 AM

The car will not start. The lights and radio do come on. No error messages come up.

I was towed the next day. I called the Honda Dealership where I bought the car and they had me call the Roadside Assistance number again. That tow truck driver brought it to the dealership.

The service advisor told me that the reason my car will not start is that there is diesel fuel in the tank. I can't prove that as I didn't keep the receipt from the gas station. I don't believe I put diesel in the tank, but how would I prove it otherwise. The service advisor said they know it is diesel as the odor is strong. I am not under warranty and it will be $450.00 to put in new spark plugs and get the diesel out of the tank.

Today they are telling me that the car will still not start. They have to call Honda headquarters to find out what to do.

It stinks having no car since Sunday.

Any recommendations?
post #17 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 01:30 AM

Also, no modifications to the car.
post #18 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 06:02 PM

Update: Honda is now telling me I need a new fuel line for $1,100. So I am up to $1,650 plus tax. The part is on the other coast and he will try to overnight it, but it usually takes a week to get the part. I am without a car. I just called back and left a message to ask if I could get a loaner car. Not happy at all.

Also, I am trying to get the gas receipt from the gas station I last filled up. Could a car run 10 days on diesel fuel?
post #19 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 06:18 PM

First, does the station you go to sell Diesel? Second, did you grab the green colored pump? All diesel around me is clearly marked diesel with green pump handles. Unless you were totally not paying attention whatsoever, Im not sure how you would or would not know you put diesel in.

Now maybe someone played a bad prank on you. Im not real comfortable that our tanks are so easily accessible but whatever, too late now, I already bought it

Current Rides
2016 Civic EX-T 2004 Acura TSX

Previous Honda Rides-Stock unless noted
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2014 Accord Sport 2012 Accord EX 2009 Civic SI All Skunk2 2001 Accord V6 Coupe
1993 Delsol SOCH Turbo then DOCH NOS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1993 Prelude 1987 Prelude 1984 CRX
post #20 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 08:13 PM

The gas station does sell diesel. I don't remember the color of the handle. I do remember pressing the unleaded button. It's possible I put in the wrong gas.

I live in an apartment complex. Someone could have put some diesel in my tank.

I do now have a loaner car from the dealership, on a brighter note.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 10th Gen Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page