Civic 2016 wont start - 10th Gen Civic Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-03-2016, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Civic 2016 wont start

I purchased a new civic 10 days back. Yesterday I parked my car and after a couple of hours, I tried starting the vehicle and it wont start. It gave all critical errors and messages. Any lead on why it might have happened would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-04-2016, 01:23 AM

Is it doing what my car was doing?

This is from my introduction post:

Annnnd then, 23 days into ownership of my car, it's getting towed away because it wouldn't start LOL. The Eletronic parking brakes locked up the rear and we couldn't get it out of park so all the wheels are locked up lol, so that's why they have to lift the whole car up to tow. They initially had the first tow truck out but couldn't tow my car, this was the second tow truck.

And this is what happened when I went to start my car Click on the image for video.

My Dash Cam captured all the action at the Honda Service Bay, I edited to the part where they got my car started =) Click image for video

They found out the problem was, He said there was a problem with one of the sensors, there might of been an issue with the programming initially which is why that sensor malfunctioned. The tech reprogrammed it and it seems to be working fine now. =)[/QUOTE]
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-04-2016, 02:42 AM Thread Starter

This is sic. And yes, this is exactly the same problem.

post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-04-2016, 06:52 PM

**** that sucks, I hope you get yours sorted out. I called road side assistance and they took care of everything. I got my car back on June 13th and I never had a problem since *knock on wood* =)

Last edited by Suprachicken; 07-04-2016 at 06:55 PM.
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-05-2016, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharat View Post
I purchased a new civic 10 days back. Yesterday I parked my car and after a couple of hours, I tried starting the vehicle and it wont start. It gave all critical errors and messages. Any lead on why it might have happened would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Wow, second time in the span of a month. wonder if there's a problem with a certain batch of civics. Is yours a coupe too?
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-31-2016, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tires View Post
Wow, second time in the span of a month. wonder if there's a problem with a certain batch of civics. Is yours a coupe too?
I just bought a 2016 EX-L sedan last night. I drove it around 10 miles (it had 200 miles on it) and then stopped somewhere for a while and then it would not start. It did the same thing as in the video above. It kept saying there were system errors with the brakes, VCA, emissions, and a few other things. I called my salesman and he thought I had just locked the parking brake but that was definitely not it. Honda sent a flatbed out to tow it to dealer which was an ordeal in itself because of how low the car is to the ground (have flatbed drivers load it front first). Sucks for this happen the day I bought it! Luckily my wife had driven separately to where we were so I was not stranded. They are looking at it now. I'll post an update once there is a diagnosis and fix. The remote start also would not work.

UPDATE: The dealer is saying that the battery was totally dead and a full charge fixed it. I'm not sure I buy that since I had just driven it 10 or so miles and everything worked fine and when I went to start it every accessory worked including AC and moonroof. I did get the 8 year/120K plantinum warranty for $1k so I have that piece of mind. I'm pretty sure this car will be back in for the same problem.

Last edited by bpb1970; 08-31-2016 at 12:06 PM.
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-31-2016, 11:44 AM

Sucks to be dealing with these issues but when you have a dealer that's going about the process correctly that can save you a ton of time and headaches. Hope you guys got some decent loaner car or rental while your cars were in service.
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 12:41 PM

Same thing happened to me after owning my new 2016 4-door Honda Civic Touring model after only 2 months. Dealer checked battery and key programing but said no problem with battery or key. Technician said computer components need to be replaced but the components are on back order and will not be in for 2 weeks. UGH! Hopefully they are correct with their diagnosis. Although my rental, parts and repairs are covered by Honda, I am not feeling comfortable about my purchase.
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 11:37 AM

What was the manufacturing date on all these cars? Maybe at this point in the model year, these issues have been worked out in current production cars.
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-17-2016, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
The same thing is happening with the new Pilot's and Ridgelines, very random and no known cause other than computer related.

FROM THE GREAT WHITE NORTH

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 10th Gen Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page