beep..beep..beeping - 10th Gen Civic Forum
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 02:12 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1
Question beep..beep..beeping

So a few days ago, I started my 2016 Civic. It beeped three times as it does if I hit a function on the screen that it disagrees with. I thought I accidentally touched the screen. As I backed out it did it again. I proceed down the road and it keeps doing it. After about a mile or so it is beeping frantically. I pull over, shut the car off and restart it and it had stopped. Hadn't done it again until tonight. There are no lights or warnings on the dash. Anyone have any idea why it might be doing this? I've already had the stereo volume control on the steering wheel replaced, the touch screen replaced, and now I'm having this issue. I really am starting to wonder if my dream car is actually going to be a nightmare.
16CIVICEXNAVI is offline  
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 08:09 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 903
All down feature makes the car keep beeping uncontrollably as you drive ?!
B20Vtec is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 09:24 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16CIVICEXNAVI View Post
So a few days ago, I started my 2016 Civic. It beeped three times as it does if I hit a function on the screen that it disagrees with. I thought I accidentally touched the screen. As I backed out it did it again. I proceed down the road and it keeps doing it. After about a mile or so it is beeping frantically. I pull over, shut the car off and restart it and it had stopped. Hadn't done it again until tonight. There are no lights or warnings on the dash. Anyone have any idea why it might be doing this? I've already had the stereo volume control on the steering wheel replaced, the touch screen replaced, and now I'm having this issue. I really am starting to wonder if my dream car is actually going to be a nightmare.
I had this exact thing happen to me a couple weeks ago. I was parked and I was playing around with the touchscreen when it happened, but it was kind of a delayed response as it happened a few seconds after I had stopped playing with the screen. I have no idea what was the direct cause , it eventually stopped. As a precaution I went back into the settings menu and I reduced the touch sensitivity of the screen so it is not overly sensitive. It has been good ever since. I previously had the screen set up for higher sensitivity, I have now lowered it. I don't know if that is related but I have not had an issue since.

2016 Coupe Touring - Blue
2002 Honda S2000 - Silver with Blue and Black custom interior. Garage Queen.
2015 Jeep daily driver workhorse.
JS2000 is offline  
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 12:49 PM
Senior Member
 
fear24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 219
may or may not be related since i'm in a 9th gen. recently....like in the last 2 weeks, i've had an issue with beeping (quick beep-beep-beep, few second pause, then beep-beep-beep). what i found was for whatever reason, is my phone is connecting to the car's bluetooth system and it like gets stuck in a continuous loop for who knows why. the touchscreen becomes unresponsive (none of the 'buttons' work)

anyways, i turn bluetooth off of phone and disconnect from car. press to turn bluetooth on again...and it works normally.

again, i've got 55k miles on this and i've never had this issue until few weeks ago. car has not been to shop/dealer for few months....so, it isn't something new on the car...wonder if it's a phone software issue. (galaxy S5 with Android version 6.0.1)

hiding from those who might be looking for me

Last edited by fear24; 11-03-2016 at 12:52 PM.
fear24 is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 01:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 874
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS2000 View Post
I had this exact thing happen to me a couple weeks ago. I was parked and I was playing around with the touchscreen when it happened, but it was kind of a delayed response as it happened a few seconds after I had stopped playing with the screen. I have no idea what was the direct cause , it eventually stopped. As a precaution I went back into the settings menu and I reduced the touch sensitivity of the screen so it is not overly sensitive. It has been good ever since. I previously had the screen set up for higher sensitivity, I have now lowered it. I don't know if that is related but I have not had an issue since.
This is one of the reasons why I can't wait for brands like Apple, Samsung, etc to get involved in the automotive game since you really don't hear about people complaining about stuff like this with smartphones. The only main complaint is Androids respond to anything meanwhile iPhone screens response only to human touches.
Smith is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 07:25 PM
Super Moderator
 
Cabeldude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: CANADA
Posts: 265
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by B20Vtec View Post
All down feature makes the car keep beeping uncontrollably as you drive ?!
Sorry I was responding to a different thread, don't know how it got here.

FROM THE GREAT WHITE NORTH
Cabeldude is online now  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 08:31 PM
Super Moderator
 
Deathklok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: In a van down by the river.
Posts: 733
Garage
Mine did this today.I was just heading out I actually stopped and turned the car off and it stopped.
Deathklok is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-06-2016, 02:02 AM
Junior Member
 
Truckin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathklok View Post
Mine did this today.I was just heading out I actually stopped and turned the car off and it stopped.
Lord,
I haven't had this happen yet....sure hope I don't.

Truckin
Truckin is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 07:51 AM
Super Moderator
 
Deathklok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: In a van down by the river.
Posts: 733
Garage
This issue hasn't happened again so I assume it fixed itself.
Deathklok is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 10th Gen Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Voice Button - Beep and Voice sound like a dying computer KMae 10th Gen Civic General Discussion Forum 2 09-23-2016 09:47 AM
KARR Alarm will not beep when activated terencemf Electronics, Audio, and Lighting 3 09-15-2016 08:22 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Back