Constant Rattling Noises - 10th Gen Civic Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 04:30 PM Thread Starter

Constant Rattling Noises

I have a 2017 Honda Civic EX with about 26,000 miles on it. I keep the car in very good condition, the only thing that has bothered me in all the miles i have driven is a little rattling noise coming from various parts of the dash near the steering wheel as well as noises coming from what seems to be from the light in the second row ceiling (particularly when the bass is up when music is playing). Sounds like something moving around where the lightbulb should be. I dont know what to do. Anyone else have this problem?
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 04:27 AM

I can confirm, my civic is 1 year old with 11k on the clock

I found the rattling at low revs and motorway crusing and isolated it to the plastic shroud around the rear view mirror housing the camera and rain sensor,

I bought a bit of black felt and jammed it in at both sides to stop and its been fine ever since

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 10th Gen Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page