2016 Ex-L Rapid Beeping - 10th Gen Civic Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 08:02 AM Thread Starter

Question 2016 Ex-L Rapid Beeping

So this just started today and I can’t seem to find what I’m trying to describe online or maybe i’m just too stupid to know what I need to be looking for. I’ve had my 2016 ex-l for a little over a week and haven’t had any problems until today. I literally just got to work and when I turned off the car (pushing that good ol’ start stop button) the car beeped really rapidly. Probably like 5 to 10 beeps. I thought “well that was fucking weird” checked to make sure lights and all were off and they were. I was in park with parking break on, everything looked good to go. It did it again when I got out of the car and I have no clue why. Any one know what causes this or how to fix it? Super annoying. Also, my doors usually automatically lock when I walk away and now they aren’t locking at all. Even when I press the lock button on the key fob.

EDIT: This is only my second car and I’m an IT guy not a mechanic. Cars make me nervous when things go wrong lol. My only other car was a 2002 civic lx so this is a huge change for me to adjust to.

Last edited by Nighte324; 06-12-2019 at 08:12 AM.
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 12:41 PM

It's not all the way in the "Park" position. Others have encountered this here and commented. The car won't lock the doors because it isn't "secured". Many have commented that they had something lying on the shelf under the HVAC controls that's prevented the selector from making it all the way forward; perhaps this is your issue too?

Mike

Just because you can does not mean that you should.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 10th Gen Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page