air conditioner issues - 10th Gen Civic Forum
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Unread 09-13-2019, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

air conditioner issues

My air conditioner won't work and the dealer says i have to replace it for $4,400. Anyone have a similar problem?
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Unread 09-18-2019, 04:48 PM

Don't pay!

Honda know this is due to a defective OEM condenser. Don't pay that ridiculous amount. ****, find a new service center cause this one is trying to rob you.

Google 10th gen civic AC problems and gather evidence. Someone else posted that there's a class action lawsuit being organized in the US in another thread related to the Civic no AC.

Good luck.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Unread 09-25-2019, 10:58 PM

I just had my AC compressor? replaced on my 2018 Sport Touring at only 7500 miles. Luckily covered by warranty, but it would have cost around 17 to $1,800 if I had to pay for it myself. My local Pensacola dealer had the part in one day, & it took about 3 hours, with one hour letting it cool down to be able to work on it so the mechanic didn't burn his hands or arms on the hot engine area he had to get into. Sounds like someone is really trying to rip you off! Get other estimates, especially if not under warranty, & you are paying.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Unread 10-01-2019, 05:21 PM

Dropped the car off overnight and the technician called me at 7:30AM; 30 minutes before my appointment while I drove the work to confirm receipt of my parent's Civic. Not fifteen minutes later, he called again to report a leaking condenser. Did not mention the word "defect" and said that it was covered under the Extended Warranty our family purchased.

Part is backordered throughout Canada - long lead time. I am to pick up the car and bring it back in when they receive the part and notify me.

It was all over the phone and no electronic trace at the moment.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Unread 11-13-2019, 10:29 PM

I had ac issues two times on my 16 civic. Issue started with no cold air and so took it to dealer for a freon refill which cost 550 plus labor. After a yr, issue came back and took it to the dealer and they said i had a damaged condenser and compressor. Was quoted 2k for repairs and i declined. My warranty had expired so no free fixes. I bought parts myself and replaced it and now i just recieved the bs letter that honda is aware of this ac problem and is extending the warranty.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 10th Gen Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in