Camera issues - 10th Gen Civic Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By 4Tires

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Camera issues

I purchased my 2016 Honda Civic ex-l with sensing less than a month back. Today I noticed a problem with rear camera continuously displaying its feed on the touch screen even in drive mode. I noticed this happens after the lane watch camera turns off and it tries to switch back to audio screen. The rear camera feed shows in the 'top down view mode'. If I put my vehicle in reverse and then in drive the camera turns off. But once I turn on the right turn indicator and the lane watch camera comes on and I turn off the right turn signal the problem repeats. Anyone else experience this?
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016, 01:34 PM

Probably a symptom of flaky infotainment code. The likely workaround is to reboot the infotainment system. Put a finger on the display power button and hold it until it asks if you want to reboot.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

Thanks. Looks like rebooting the infotainment system fixed it.

Last edited by roxybalboa; 04-18-2016 at 06:49 PM.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 08:44 AM

There seems to be a lot of rear view camera problems lately. Wonder if it's a hardware problem or something wrong with their coding.
RedCivicTouringMA likes this.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-22-2016, 09:21 AM

Angry Civic 2016 EX Cameras not working (2 weeks old)

Civic Ex 2016 (only 2 weeks old). This morning the rear view camera didn't come on when reversing out of the drive, then realized the lane change camera didn't come on either on the drive to work. The cameras didn't engage at all. Waiting for a call back from the dealership. Pissed this has happened after 2 weeks of ownership. I will update with Hondas response.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-23-2016, 07:34 AM

Sound like someone may have forgotten to plug something in since the camera isn't engaging at all. Is your infotainment screen working?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-25-2016, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffox View Post
Civic Ex 2016 (only 2 weeks old). This morning the rear view camera didn't come on when reversing out of the drive, then realized the lane change camera didn't come on either on the drive to work. The cameras didn't engage at all. Waiting for a call back from the dealership. Pissed this has happened after 2 weeks of ownership. I will update with Hondas response.
I have same problem
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-06-2017, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxybalboa View Post
Thanks. Looks like rebooting the infotainment system fixed it.
This morning I also had problems with the Lane-watch camera. It just would not come one either when I indicate left or when I press the button. I have only had my Civic LX for 4 weeks. This is one of my favourite features in the Civic. Darn..........
I tried the reboot option here and it came good again.
Thanks for offering this solution because I was already having regrets for choosing this car.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-07-2017, 07:04 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Welcome to the forum Adam.^^^^^^^

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 10th Gen Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page