10th Honda Civic Forum banner

Trailer hitch and cargo mat

8K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  SuperSoniC 
#1 ·
Hi,

has anyone had any luck on purchasing a trailer hitch for their sport touring? I have found nothing due to the middle exhaust.

Also, I am looking for a "folding" cargo mat ...so I can cover the entire back area if I throw in my muddie bike - I mountain bike

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
As far as I have seen nobody is offering a hitch for the Sport models, likely due to the center outlet exhaust. I bought a Curt hitch for my EX and the fit and build quality were outstanding, but you may end up empty handed unless an engineer somewhere gets really creative.

I'd suggest a roof mounted solution; Yakima doesn't offer anything (yet) but Thule has (2) choices for the hatch, at $400 and $500. Both brands show mountings for the sedan, but be careful as the roof is NOT the same on these two cars. I myself "adapted" the roof mountings from my 2007 Civic to work on my hatch, and while it isn't super great it does seem to stay up there.

https://www.thule.com/en-us/us/roof-rack/car-racks?q=Vhap8Lwjw

Also, I can't say I've seen a trunk mat like you described, although I do have the Weathertech trunk mat and I'll go on record as saying it's worth every penny, as are the floor liners. $120 for the trunk liner and $180 for the interior set, and if you live where it snows these are almost a requirement.

http://www.weathertech.com/honda/2017/civic/cargo-liner/civic-bodystyle/hatchback/civic-sport/yes/

http://www.weathertech.com/honda/2017/civic/floorliner-digitalfit/civic-bodystyle/hatchback/

Attachments

#5 ·
Does anyone have a Home Depot, Lowes or home grown solution for a trunk tray that is a fraction of the cost of say a Weathertech one? I'm thinking a plastic type solution, lilke white plastic and also to on top of the honda stock floor mats. Also need cheap seat covers. This is a must have "mod" though yields no hp.

#6 ·
I put Weathertech in my wife's 4runner but did not buy the rear tray as the third row seats are up and down on a daily basis and the Weathertech could not be rolled up for storage inside the vehicle. what I did buy was a BBQ mat that they sell at Costco for $20. I cut it to size and put a couple of small pieces of Velcro on the back and it works great but there is no "lip" if I have a liquid spill.

#9 · (Edited)
I tried posting this earlier lets see if this works. I owned a 2017 Dodge Durango before I traded it for the civic. So I had purchased a floor mat called 3d maxpider. That would fold onto itself for when you had the 3rd row up and would open up long for when the third row was down. So i kept it and put it in the civic. Its a little costly @107$ and it doesn't help with spills but that thing is tough and will protect it from anything. Heres a link to amazon.............nvm says im too new to post. ill post some pics ....This might be unique to me since I already had the cargo mat. I dont see anyone running out and buying one. Since its not a perfect fit. I still plan on buying a cargo liner that fits down the road. This will be a good supplemental floor mat lol

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.