Rear Tail-light Assembly Recall - Civic Coupe - Page 2 - 10th Gen Civic Forum
 5Likes

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 04:04 PM

That number is more than likely tied to a specific batch of these so chances are the number we're seeing is right. What would help on that note of batches is to know what production date range is impacted. That way those that have a Civic from that date range can be proactive about it on their end rather than waiting for a call.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 07:53 PM

Everyone with this issue should file complaints with the NTSB. Maybe then Honda will take it seriously.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 09:15 AM

It's best to direct complaints to honda so they log everything and are able to see when a problem is widespread.

I think I may have found the recall notice on the Transport Canada site: https://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/...f=SearchResult
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi_NY View Post
Everyone with this issue should file complaints with the NTSB. Maybe then Honda will take it seriously.
That with it going viral over social media and the regular automotive media publications usually does some good as well. Even just on social media can do a lot of justice. Just about any brand hates when that happens.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 04:02 PM

You can input your vin here to see if there's any recalls for your vehicle

https://www.honda.ca/RECALLS
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B20Vtec View Post
You can input your vin here to see if there's any recalls for your vehicle

https://www.honda.ca/RECALLS
If you in Canadian, anyway. If US, https://recalls.owners.honda.com/serv...enance/recalls.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dick w View Post
If you in Canadian, anyway. If US, https://recalls.owners.honda.com/serv...enance/recalls.
I have been having major issues with my tail light assembly. I called my dealership this morning and sadly they know nothing about the recall so it is not "official" yet. Hopefully they make it official soon because I am quite sick of hanging out at honda every couple of days while they glue my brand new car...
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevangelisto View Post
I called my dealership this morning and sadly they know nothing about the recall so it is not "official" yet.
There may yet be one. The piston pin snap ring recall took quite a while from the time it was announced in Canada until it was submitted to NHTSA, accepted, and announced by AHM. They issued a stop sale notice to dealers but nothing else official, and nothing public, appeared for close to a month, IIRC.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 06:52 PM Thread Starter

Hey Everyone,

I just got my car back from Honda. Here's the Invoice from the repair. Seems like a super minor thing, Rear Marker Lights. Mine did not need to to replaced.

Last edited by Suprachicken; 07-21-2016 at 06:57 PM.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-03-2016, 08:59 PM

Thumbs down Fresh off the lot back around mid July

and the third brake light was already hanging off the window. Brought it in and Honda was in the process of a new solution. Their temporary fix of 3M adhesive fell off the same day it was "fixed". I so hope this recall has happened because I'm calling this week to encourage a repair!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 10th Gen Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page