WeatherTech Laser Measured FloorLiners | Nice Fit | Free Shipping! | Sedan - Page 2 - 10th Gen Civic Forum
 8Likes

post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 03:13 PM

Hahah that hamburger reference was perfect!
kseriesparts likes this.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 05:23 PM

They are worth it, but as shown there is that area of a gap, I may try the heat method after it comes out of winter storage, as for the back 1 piece one it is a PERFECT fit, almost snaps in place.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 10:21 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fear24 View Post
weathertechs are a hard plastic....and give that industrial look...but, they do as advertised. one of the best for sure at what they do. i believe Honda's are rubber...which could wear out over time, especially if a lady is in heels alot or a gentleman is in dress shoes or boots.

i'm sure either will work fine...just have to decide if the cost difference is worth it to you.
I found just the opposite the honda floor mats that I looked at in the showroom were all hard plastic I wouldn't dream of using that trunk liner, The weather tech's were less slippery more like rubber.

FROM THE GREAT WHITE NORTH
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 10:25 PM

Garage
That's the worst fit I have ever seen for weather tech. It's either distortion from shipping or they gave you the wrong ones.

post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 07:04 AM

That's the way my daughters are for her 16 sedan also, think it has more to do with the way the Honda carpet fits than the mats themselves.....the carpet does fit like crap in these cars.
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
Vendor

Send a message via AIM to kseriesparts
WeatherTech Laser Measured FloorLiners
Link

Starting at $84.95 Shipped
Payments as low as $15.82/month

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The True Original | Established 2001

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Financing Available
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 08:08 PM

Garage
....Funny to see this here now after I bought one set of WeatherTechs and because of that gap pictured on the previous page, I sent them back thinking my driver side mat was a defect. They sent me another and it really wasnt any different. They advised that I turn it upside down and place a weight on it for a day or 2 but that didnt help. I decided to keep them and they are great mats but the fit problem is in the worst possible place it could be. On the drivers side just stepping into the vehicle. I firmly believe they miscalculated when measuring for the 16 Civic
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 07:13 AM

Garage
I got my weathertechs back at the first of Dec. The fit is fine but the coverage sucks, most sets I have had in the past over-lap the plastic door sill, but this set leaves an inch of carpet exposed right were you may step???

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
Vendor

Send a message via AIM to kseriesparts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabeldude View Post
I got my weathertechs back at the first of Dec. The fit is fine but the coverage sucks, most sets I have had in the past over-lap the plastic door sill, but this set leaves an inch of carpet exposed right were you may step???
I really wonder why they are not a tight fit for this gen civic? I am sorry they are not perfect fitment.

The True Original | Established 2001

Financing Available
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 01:03 PM
Tog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jackyl View Post
They advised that I turn it upside down and place a weight on it for a day or 2 but that didnt help.
I warmed the mats with a hair dryer and removed the gap. The fix didn't last. Leaving the mats in the sun worked better but the change lasted only two days. I'll try the weight suggestion while they are warming in the sun. The passenger side also has a gap.

The gap doesn't look good however the protection is great and the non-slick rubberize surface is better the OEM hard plastic Honda mates.

My Gallery :

2016 Civic Touring Sedan Picked up April 25, 2016
Pervious Honda cars:
2011 CRZ
2008 Civic SI Sedan
1984 Civic Wagon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 10th Gen Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page