Injen Intake for 10th Gen 2016 Civic Turbo: Huge Power Gains! - 10th Gen Civic Forum
 11Likes

post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-15-2016, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
10thcivicforum.com Vendor

Talking Injen Intake for 10th Gen 2016 Civic Turbo: Huge Power Gains!

We've been in the business for quite awhile but never in our whole history of selling, designing, testing, and marketing parts has an intake for a Civic ever posted such massive power gains.

The new Injen intake for the 2016 Civic 1.5L Turbo engine produces a truly insane +29hp and +25 ft-lbs of torque at peak power. And the gains are not just at peak power...hp and tq go up significantly across the whole engine power range (see the dyno below for proof). My guess is this engine likes to breath quite a bit and is more potent from the factory than Honda would have you believe. It is most likely highly restricted by the factory intake system, maybe for NVH (noise) requirements. Whatever the reason, the results are amazing.

The particular intake is designed for the CVT transmission currently available on the Civic Turbo models, but should work for the manual transmission as well (when it comes out). It also converts to a short ram intake, but the real world power gains may not be as high if you choose to do that.

The intake is scheduled to be out of production and shippable anywhere from 2/19 to 2/23. Feel free to use our "save10" Tax Season discount code to save $10 instantly.

Product link to purchase: Injen Cold Air Intake 2016 10th Gen Civic Turbo

Pictures and Dyno:

max and AkumaJDM like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PRO Civic; 02-15-2016 at 08:26 PM.
post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

I should explain one other thing about this dyno chart.

Do you see how the graph never makes it to redline and has strange looking "curly q's" at the end? I'm almost positive this is due to the CVT transmission...it will never reach maximum RPM under power. In addition, it seems the ECU or CVT may have some sort of torque sensing function that determines the best spot (max torque) to hold the RPMs at under full load. That is why you see the difference in powerband maximum RPMS between the car with and without the Injen intake.

I will reach out to Injen regarding this to see if they have any more information.

EDIT: Injen did confirm the CVT and factory ECU behavior is quite inconsistent. Injen did about 8 baseline runs, and another 8 or so after the intake install. The intake showed consistent gains, although the amount did vary. The total range of these variances was between about +22hp and +40hp. They also brought in multiple cars and re-tested. They also did not change the fuel (87 octane was used) or feed in any cold air.
AkumaJDM likes this.

Last edited by PRO Civic; 02-16-2016 at 01:12 PM.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

Also, these will be ready to ship by tomorrow!

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 02:18 PM

Is anyone is ordering? Would be happy to hear some customer reviews and also why people went for this from the info that is available?

Thanks.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 08:11 PM

I have the 6 spd 2.0 litre which I suspect will have similar gains, if not just a tad shy. Any timeframe on the finished product for the 2.0L? You could hear a mini growl even with just the stock box. Looking forward to the finished intake. ECU is next. Local tuners are suspecting 200 HP without internals or before any boosting for the 2.0L We'll see.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalano6pdManny View Post
I have the 6 spd 2.0 litre which I suspect will have similar gains, if not just a tad shy. Any timeframe on the finished product for the 2.0L? You could hear a mini growl even with just the stock box. Looking forward to the finished intake. ECU is next. Local tuners are suspecting 200 HP without internals or before any boosting for the 2.0L We'll see.
The 2.0L is not out in the U.S. yet. We expect it will come out in the Si model within the next 3 months or so.

EDIT: Sorry I thought you were talking about the 2.0L Turbo motor. For the naturally aspirated 2.0L motor, I don't have an ETA on an intake yet.

post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-17-2016, 01:02 AM

All Good. I will probably do a swap with that turbo motor from Japan as soon as possible. If not, I'll drop in an Accord V6 with a Turbo. Thanks for the info though. That intake looks proper for the turbo.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-19-2016, 01:37 PM

Think I'd want to get a catch can before getting this.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-19-2016, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodaciouslyBlue View Post
Think I'd want to get a catch can before getting this.
Just so you know the intake will not affect the operation of the factory exhaust gas recirculation or PCV system.

A catch can on a turbo car is always a good idea, but definitely not required for this intake.
AkumaJDM likes this.

post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-19-2016, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRO Civic View Post
Just so you know the intake will not affect the operation of the factory exhaust gas recirculation or PCV system.

A catch can on a turbo car is always a good idea, but definitely not required for this intake.
Oh really? I would think that a bigger intake would make more air available to both of those systems, therefore potentially increasing the amount of blowby on the stock system.
hungmeow likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 10th Gen Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page