What to Hate or Love about the 2016+ Civic? - Page 11 - 10th Gen Civic Forum
 30Likes

post #101 of 189 (permalink) Old 03-27-2016, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown Drifter View Post
I remember the initial reviews in some publications praising the new Civic for its quietness. Maybe it's fairly quiet for this class of vehicle, but not compared to more expensive sedans. For example, how does this new Civic compare to the Mazda3, which has been criticized for road/wind noise?
I can't speak to the Mazda3, but I can say that it's notably quieter than the 8th gen (2009) Civic that I traded in.
post #102 of 189 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 05:15 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhorn View Post
Walkman CD player and a Bluetooth adapter
https://www.amazon.com/AbdTech-Portab.../dp/B00P2QZVRO

Can anyone confirm to see if this works as an aux replacement? I purchased a USB to aux cable and connected it from the usb input in the car to the phone and only got messages saying device disconnected or something along those lines
post #103 of 189 (permalink) Old 04-21-2016, 12:47 PM

for those complaining about road noise, what is the road surface you are driving on? Black asphalt or lighter colored concrete-like surface? I noticed a lot more noise from concrete surface.

post #104 of 189 (permalink) Old 05-08-2016, 10:41 PM

I've had my LX for about three weeks now. Overall it has what I was looking for: affordability, reliability and gas efficiency.

To me, it's a lot more premium feeling than I was expecting for a base model car in its class. It's also a lot quieter than I was expecting. My husband who's 6'2" feels like he has plenty of room (that was a deal breaker).

Dislikes:
As everyone else pointed out, the dinky horn. I don't feel safe with that thing and I'll be replacing it shortly. A sunglasses holder would have been nice, but I can deal. I think the thing that bothers me the most is how when you park and then take the key out of the ignition, the cabin light automatically comes on. I'll be looking to see if there is a way to reprogram that from happening.

Overall, I'm not excited about the car. I got it, as I stated previously, to be affordable, reliable and gas efficient. I enjoy my trucks and fast, sporty cars but it's nice to have something that doesn't cost an arm and a leg as a daily driver.
Livvy16 likes this.
post #105 of 189 (permalink) Old 05-08-2016, 11:15 PM

Thumbs down Throttle vs turbo lag problem. HELP

I have the 2016 touring with right at 5000 miles. I have the CVT surging issue which is temp fix when u disconnect the battery. BUT I think my car is dangerous due to when I press the gas from a complete stop - let's say I'm turning left accross 2 or 3 lanes of traffic. I press the gas rather hard to get accross safely but barely move but enough to have me right in the middle of a really bad spot. Then all of the sudden something kicks in and kicks me so fast it could cause me to wreck. I'm not sure what to call it. It's like I barely press the gas and then I press it to the floor but I am really pressing the gas evenly to move quickly but it hesitates. I'm starting to get put out with my car. My speakers rattle and dealership says well when Honda sends out a fix we will fix it😡 Please if you have suggestions chime in!! Thank u in advance
post #106 of 189 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 05:13 AM

I had my civic coupe LXP for almost 2 weeks now. For the most part i love it.
There are a few things that need to be improved.
A locking glove box door would be nice.
The range on the remote start is terrible. I need to be within 10 feet for it to work. This does me no good in the winter.
As stated above in an other post the horn isn't the greatest.
post #107 of 189 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 02:14 AM

hate no dome light switch on the civic coupe 2016 when you open doors only back dome light lighting ,but the rest is very nice

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #108 of 189 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondamaniac2016 View Post
hate no dome light switch on the civic coupe 2016 when you open doors only back dome light lighting ,but the rest is very nice
That's one thing I never understood since its no different than other interior lights you have, most cars allow you to turn off/on the front passenger interior lights, same logic should have applied for rear passengers. Unless they seen it as an easy way to serve passengers.
post #109 of 189 (permalink) Old 05-13-2016, 09:58 AM

Small things they thought we wouldn't notice were probably left out to cut costs like a locking glove box or the adjustable front dome light.
post #110 of 189 (permalink) Old 05-13-2016, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

But it's such a small thing compared to other better ways to cut cost. Doubt it was to cut cost. A better reason would the be lack of usage and they might have figured that out. As you can imagine when it comes to a dome light some people rarely use it in this segment.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 10th Gen Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page