What to Hate or Love about the 2016+ Civic? - Page 19 - 10th Gen Civic Forum
 31Likes

post #181 of 190 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 01:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathklok View Post
4 months ownership and I still love my EXT.The 1.5 is proven to surprise me at how much we can tune more power with only a intake.
Even more impressive will be how Honda improves power output and fuel efficiency of this engine in the coming years. As always they never go full all out and always leave room for growth

The only questions at that point are; when and exactly what kind of improvements
post #182 of 190 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 04:12 PM

if the 2.0 turbo is pumping over 300hp and 295 lbs of torque....

what IS the 1.5 capabilities???

hiding from those who might be looking for me
post #183 of 190 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Ive seen some figures of VitVipers Civic EX-T MT thats tuned on 91 octane hitting some impressive amounts of torque.

https://blog.vittuned.com/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2736.PNG
Views:	50
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	8449  

Past Civic:2013 SI RV6 Downpipe,Invidia Q300 Flash Pro tuned
Present Accord 2016 Sport.Tint and sport grill
Present Civic:2016 EX-T,Mishimoto Intake,VitViper Tuned for 91/87 octane.
TSW Rotary Forged Nurburgring 17X7.5 Wheels,JDM Badges,Carbon Fiber Rear Window Visor.Stay tuned for some exciting Modifications to come soon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Deathklok; 01-12-2017 at 04:30 PM.

post #184 of 190 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 10:11 AM

either we got new firewalls or something, but i can't open the link from work!

hiding from those who might be looking for me
post #185 of 190 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 09:01 PM

Thumbs down 2016 Civic is HORRIBLE- stains like nothing I have every seen!

I wanted to trade it in less than a month after purchasing because the fabric is so disgusting. I was literally at the dealer in tears. My brand new car that I was paying a lot of money for looked 10 years old within 10 days of purchasing it.

I love Honda and I have always been very satisfied with my Honda purchases. I bought the 2016 Civic with tan cloth seats and within a week, the interior looked like it was 10 years old. You can't put ANYTHING on a seat without it leaving some type of stain. If you try to clean it, it leaves watermark looking stains. I have had leather and cloth in my previous Honda purchases (and other brands) and never had issues like this. I understand if I was putting dirty items on the seats or something unusual, but I don't. I am very disappointed and I can't stand getting in the car because it looks awful. I stopped by the dealership less than a month after purchasing it, and the salesman acknowledged that it looked bad but no resolution. I stopped by a few weeks ago and asked if complaints had been issued. He said he hadn't heard anything. I asked him to look at the seat and again, acknowledged that it was "awful." Any other?
post #186 of 190 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 05:51 PM

The dealer has no fix for known issue with keyless smart entry. This forum won't allow me to post link to service bulletin.
After car door is locked for ten minutes, comfort access does not allow operation. No attempt was made to repair under warranty by the dealer.
post #187 of 190 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 11:05 AM

Garage
When I start my car by remote, I wish the parking lights would remain on so I know that the car is indeed running.
post #188 of 190 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 11:09 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by darribeth View Post
I asked him to look at the seat and again, acknowledged that it was "awful." Any other?
My wife saw this coming when she turned off to the Cosmic Blue paint. We could only get it in the lighter fabric and she was dead set against that. We are glad we went with black on black.
These days though they make seat covers as luxurious as you wish to spend on them. You should consider it to prevent them from getting worse than they are.
post #189 of 190 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drex View Post
Does anyone know if there are any threads on horn replacements for the 2016s? I was in my 2016 Civic Touring last night and had to warn a driver who was changing lanes without checking that it was clear (IOW, I was "in the way"). She managed to hear the horn, but it sounded like the automotive equivalent of a 2 year old child wailing in the supermarket checkout because mom or dad wouldn't buy them a candy bar.

Honda did put a boatload of features in the new Civic, especially in the Touring. But they really dropped the ball on a few inexpensive items that many would appreciate them adding or improving (the anemic horn, the glove compartment with the door that crudely flops down and lacks a light and a lock, no sunglasses compartment, etc.). If they were trying to save money, for example I could survive without rear seat heaters in a mainstream compact car. But off all of those things, the horn is the most frustrating to me.

Thanks!
If they haven't got a horn upgrade yet, they need to! Absolutely the most pathetic sounding horn I have EVER heard... it's not a warning device, it's a cause for getting laughed at (as you get into an accident because your horn couldn't be heard anyway!) Horrible!
Mccobk01 likes this.
post #190 of 190 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 12:49 PM

Picked up my Energy Green EX- T manual Coupe last night. In the 150kms I've driven it here are my early thoughts:

Cons:

- It needs a 'gurney flap/spoiler' for the sunroof. Going at any speed the thumping is bad. Need to crack the window open. My previous car, a Kia Rio, had one.
- The horn. It sounds like there should be a "Hello Kitty" hood decal.
- The floor mats. Cheap. Like cardboard with peach fuzz.

Pros:
- Everything else. The way it sounds, goes, stops, turns. It's looks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 10th Gen Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page