What to Hate or Love about the 2016+ Civic? - Page 3 - 10th Gen Civic Forum
 30Likes

post #21 of 189 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator

I was unaware there was not basic AUX input, that does suck. I use aux everyday on my current car and it is much easier than messing with bluetooth. Had the car for over two years and I've never paired a single phone to it. Funny as I'm a huge tech geek and have had say 6 phones in this time frame and I work in computers and IT and you'd think I would jump right on it. Nope, prefer the good old aux cable.

Hope the bugs are worked out by the time I am ready to buy as these audio issues are pretty widespread.
post #22 of 189 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtccivic View Post
4 day EX-L Owner. Here are my gripes:

1. Center console/armrest insanity. Does anyone really have a 2 foot tall drink? Even the SBUX Trenta cup fits in the top holder. There's no need for so many sliding parts. This could have been dramatically simplified. (The easter egg was neat though.)

2. Since the speedometer is a screen, they should offer an analog view - instead of only a digital one.

3. No memory buttons for the power seats?

4. Homelink Garage Door opener would have been nice.

5. Sunglass space would have been nice.

6. Wish the back seat didn't use hard plastic on the sides - that it would be more "seat-like" instead

7. Waze is perpetually screwed up when it tries to announce the directions. Sometimes it comes out of the phone's speaker. Sometimes it comes out of the car. Sometimes it is just silent. I have no clue what the right settings are. This is driving me nuts. (Help anyone?)

8. The UI / menu tree is overly complicated and slow. Reminds me of so many other Japanese products that I've used (Sony RX100, JAL 787 inflight). [I'm really picking as I work on product user interfaces.]

9. Some more USB ports and at higher amps in the dash would've been nice.

10. The steering wheel volume up/down requires a real stretch of my thumb. It's also weird that sliding it is the same as pressing it.

11. I wish I had spotted these scratches BEFORE I left the dealer's lot.
#3 memory seats. If I read right... the memory seats and mirrors and audio presets are controlled by the two fobs which came with the car. Each key fob can be set for different people. Works out to two memory seat settings.
post #23 of 189 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acco20 View Post
#3 memory seats. If I read right... the memory seats and mirrors and audio presets are controlled by the two fobs which came with the car. Each key fob can be set for different people. Works out to two memory seat settings.
I had read about this earlier, but I haven't been able to find anything to set this up. Nor was I able to find any reference to it in the owners manual. So I just had to assume that what I saw was a misprint.
djasonw likes this.

post #24 of 189 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by talon95 View Post
I had read about this earlier, but I haven't been able to find anything to set this up. Nor was I able to find any reference to it in the owners manual. So I just had to assume that what I saw was a misprint.
https://www.netcarshow.com/honda/2016-civic_sedan/ This article has just about EVERYTHING about the 2016 Honda civic. Towards the end look for the heading "driver preferences". If the article is accurate, it states what each fob can do for two people.
post #25 of 189 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 06:41 PM

That's straight from the Honda press release.
Quote:
Key Comfort and Convenience Features
• …
• Driver Preference Settings* (available)
• …
* First for Civic

Driver Preferences
The Civic EX and above trims come with two keyless remotes with unique identifiers. Each remote can be set with unique profiles to accommodate the individual preferences of two different drivers. The available preferences include driver seat and mirror positions. Other preferences include audio system pre-sets, air conditioning preferences, and navigation system settings. In the event both owners use the car at the same time, the Civic will recognize the keyless remote that approaches the driver's door first.

[from the features v trim level matrix]
Driver Preferences System EX EX-T EX-L Touring
Only problem is that it isn't clear that any of it was true. Especially the part about mirrors and seats.
post #26 of 189 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 11:25 PM

Garage
I have a touring and it doesn't seem to have any memory seats or mirror settings.
post #27 of 189 (permalink) Old 12-05-2015, 11:02 AM

Exactly. It seems the press releases lied about this feature.
post #28 of 189 (permalink) Old 12-05-2015, 06:22 PM

They could have at least offered the 6 speed manual on the regular EX trim without Honda Sensing.

I am happy that Honda has stuck with smaller spoilers that make sense from a style standpoint.

Does anyone else not want a return to the early Fast and the Furious days when people were dressing up their Civics with huge wings, crazy body kits and fart can exhausts giving the car a bad name in the performance community? This was just ridiculous. I say this being 30 years old.
post #29 of 189 (permalink) Old 12-06-2015, 01:26 AM

I can't really see those mods on the Civics anymore. Maybe the Type R but not the Sedan or Coupe. There's always going to be those extreme modders who turns their ride into something from Fast and Furious but I don't think Civic owners are part of this demographic.

I like the new Civics as is and the missing 6 speed manual on the EX trim isn't and issue for me. I can't drive manual.
post #30 of 189 (permalink) Old 12-06-2015, 08:41 AM

Information on horn upgrades?

Does anyone know if there are any threads on horn replacements for the 2016s? I was in my 2016 Civic Touring last night and had to warn a driver who was changing lanes without checking that it was clear (IOW, I was "in the way"). She managed to hear the horn, but it sounded like the automotive equivalent of a 2 year old child wailing in the supermarket checkout because mom or dad wouldn't buy them a candy bar.

Honda did put a boatload of features in the new Civic, especially in the Touring. But they really dropped the ball on a few inexpensive items that many would appreciate them adding or improving (the anemic horn, the glove compartment with the door that crudely flops down and lacks a light and a lock, no sunglasses compartment, etc.). If they were trying to save money, for example I could survive without rear seat heaters in a mainstream compact car. But off all of those things, the horn is the most frustrating to me.

Thanks!
BamaGurl5 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 10th Gen Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page