What We Think Of The New 2016 Honda Civic - Page 3 - 10th Gen Civic Forum
 2Likes

post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-19-2015, 09:47 PM
86r

I like the new styling much better than the last 3 generations, but the 5th and 6th generation Civics are still my favorite. The features are better because of the latest technology. The LED headlights and touch-screen display are beautiful. I'm just happy that Honda is embracing turbos. That was the best surprise for me, but I will miss the 8k redline.

I'm holding out for the much anticipated Type R, which is unlikely to come out in 2016. I hope we actually get the 300+ horsepower and not a watered down version.

You can learn about it here:
https://jalopnik.com/the-2016-honda-c...-vt-1688953678
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 12:06 PM

Garage
Prior to this latest generation of Civic I would not have even considered a Civic. It was simply too small for my needs. And with the more recent generations of Civic, they were not that stylish looking either. This Civic took me by complete surprise. I was originally looking for a pre owned car, I had been test driving a couple pre owned Acuras, I saw one of these on my return from a test drive, asked what it was, and said no that one, the sales person said yes that is a Civic. I said CIVIC?? Well I had to drive it, oonce I did I fell in love. The touring is one of the nicest cars I've ever driven. The seats are so comfortable, I love the tech inside the car, and even the passengers are comfortable with the heated rear seats. The car is stylish and very sexy looking. It turns heads where ever I go. I just love it! The fact a car this size can get 42mpg with a Turbo engine is just crazy awesome too! I've always loved Hondas, but this one just completely took me by surprise! Bravo Honda! Keep up the good work!
It looks like it should be a hatch back I really wish it was. My only complaint on the interior, is they shouldn't have taken away the sunglasses holder by the map lights. Other than that, they came up with options I've never even considered before! Love it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2016 Rallye Red Honda Civic Touring

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Western Massachusetts USA

Last edited by RedCivicTouringMA; 01-01-2016 at 12:08 PM.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-10-2016, 12:50 PM

Yes, I am considering the purchase of a new Civic! It may be a tough decision as I like the content features on the Touring model but, am really interested in the new Si. The heated rear seats and sensing options and LED headlights on the new Touring make this a great value. If the rumors are correct and the Touring does indeed get a 6spd manual, I may opt for this over the Si. Going to be tough as my Electric Blue 99 Si was one of my very favorite Honda's ever! The new Si with added power and sporty features though may win out.

Would I lease a Civic? Good question but, probably not. I see this as a long term love affair and plan to buy and keep this vehicle for many years of fun. Having two CRV's and an MDX......I am looking forward to replacing one of the CRV's with the Si or Touring model. Love the Honda product and am excited about the new styling with the new models. Lots of tough decisions......coming in the future.

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-10-2016, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanSi View Post
Yes, I am considering the purchase of a new Civic! It may be a tough decision as I like the content features on the Touring model but, am really interested in the new Si. The heated rear seats and sensing options and LED headlights on the new Touring make this a great value. If the rumors are correct and the Touring does indeed get a 6spd manual, I may opt for this over the Si. Going to be tough as my Electric Blue 99 Si was one of my very favorite Honda's ever! The new Si with added power and sporty features though may win out.

Would I lease a Civic? Good question but, probably not. I see this as a long term love affair and plan to buy and keep this vehicle for many years of fun. Having two CRV's and an MDX......I am looking forward to replacing one of the CRV's with the Si or Touring model. Love the Honda product and am excited about the new styling with the new models. Lots of tough decisions......coming in the future.
So have you had the chance to take the current Civic on a test drive yet? Are you planning to take the Si out for a test drive once you are able to get your hands on it.

What makes you want to get rid of a CUV in favor of a sedan?

post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-09-2016, 11:12 PM

Garage
We leased our new EX. I've never leased a vehicle in my life but after considering a few used cars, the idea that I could put us in a brand new EX for 220 a month for 36 months was something I couldn't pass up.
We both work in the same town we live in so keeping it below 36K over 3 years shouldn't be an issue. We already know if we want to buy it out the price is something like 12.500 and thats not too bad either. For our situation, it was almost a no brainer.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-19-2016, 09:30 PM

Had the car for 5 months 12k miles now and for the most part love it. I would recommend it over the competitors. I have people complementing me all the time saying its a really nice car and are blown away when I say: "it's just a civic". I have done a few changes so it doesnt blend in with the rest. I leased so the payments are $260 the first 3 years with no interest, will be buying the car after because I will hit 70k miles and do not want to pay the overage fee for them. Will either buy out or finance the Residual that is already set around $17,500. (Would have to look up)
Touring model

Pros-
Turbo
MPG
Style -Interior and exterior
The interior seating space Both front and rear.
Safety features: lane keep assist, Honda sensing, adaptive cruise control( MY FAVORITE), blind spot camera,
Dual climate control,
4 heated seats,

Cons:
The stock sub sucks!!!deck lid over it rattles even on mid volume (get aftermarket amp and sub)
The trunk trim pops out needs stronger double sided tape,
The audio system bugs out, sometimes it ghosts the back button and beeps constantly, nav needs to be updated, the volume isn't constant (10 is loud some days and then vol 20 sounds like 10 the other)
NO LUMBAR SUPPORT and seat gets uncomfortable on long trips, ($5 support on Amazon)
No stock exhaust tip. (Buy bolt on ones you like)
Most of these can be fixed!

Last edited by Smevans340; 08-19-2016 at 09:36 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 10th Gen Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page