10th Honda Civic Forum banner

Camera Angle with aftermarket head unit

13K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Brutus63 
#1 ·
Question for y'all. I'm very well aware that with very few exceptions you'll lose your multiple camera angles when installing an aftermarket head unit. That being said is there a way to pick the ONE angle you'll have on your aftermarket head unit? I had one installed yesterday and the backup camera is working just fine but it's the super wide angle and I'd like to have the more standard view if possible.

This is on a 2019 Hatchback Sport if that matters.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

#3 ·
As a second option, try to contact the camera maker/seller to see if that camera is capable of other modes, or call the Honda tech support number to see if they can help. Does your touch screen still show the three view options to click on your choice of camera modes, when shifter is in reverse?

#4 ·
Question those rear sensors that Dodge Charger (1st car choice) has which I really need to know if the person wearing all black I can’t see or the car who doesn’t stop or beep their horn when u try to get out of Parking spot. I wanna know u can buy them on amazon but will they work on the sport touring 2018 civic?? I really need those sensors

#5 ·
Any additional info on getting the camera to work?
I have 17 Civic hatchback lx and got all steering wheel functions to work. But...... the camera works about about 60% of the time.
I’ve i stalled three pioneer 1500 nex and am currently on the 2550nex.
What harness and head unit did you use? Did you wire? Did you have any camera issues?
Thanks in advance
Tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.