450 Watt Speaker in Touring Rattling and Smacking Sound?? - Page 2 - 10th Gen Civic Forum
 10Likes

post #11 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup191 View Post
Thanks Sam for reply! I called in a few hours ago to my dealer here in Milwaukee and they scheduled me for a 2 pm appointment tomorrow to address both the vibrating rear deck along with the climate temperature readings not showing up on the display. I'll be sure to post back here after the service visit to let everyone know if the two situations were resolved. I'll send you my info via a PM on here.

Thanks again!
Any resolution?
post #12 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 10:25 AM

I received a call from the dealership's sales manager last Wednesday stating that he's aware of the issue I'm having with the rattling and despite Honda not having a resolution at this time, he's going to try setting me up with a local stereo installer (who's close to the dealership) to dynamat the back deck and eliminate the vibrations. He said he knows that Honda's response of "just turn the bass down or off" is not a satisfying answer to an obvious problem with a brand new car - especially since I have the settings on default and am not blasting the bass like I'm in a competition. He said he'd call me this week and I'm going to give him until Thursday before reaching out to him. I'll keep this thread updated with the issue until it gets resolved to possibly help anybody else experiencing the same.
Pinetop and RobbJK88 like this.

Last edited by sup191; 12-01-2015 at 10:26 AM. Reason: bad spelling :(
post #13 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup191 View Post
I received a call from the dealership's sales manager last Wednesday stating that he's aware of the issue I'm having with the rattling and despite Honda not having a resolution at this time, he's going to try setting me up with a local stereo installer (who's close to the dealership) to dynamat the back deck and eliminate the vibrations. He said he knows that Honda's response of "just turn the bass down or off" is not a satisfying answer to an obvious problem with a brand new car - especially since I have the settings on default and am not blasting the bass like I'm in a competition. He said he'd call me this week and I'm going to give him until Thursday before reaching out to him. I'll keep this thread updated with the issue until it gets resolved to possibly help anybody else experiencing the same.
thanks for the update. do you know if yours is a totally isolated issue?

post #14 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 12:08 PM
Tim

typically honda...
post #15 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinetop View Post
thanks for the update. do you know if yours is a totally isolated issue?
It was the only Touring they had gotten in when I bought it, so they don't have anything else to compare it to. When I noticed that a couple people on this forum also had the same issue with their new Touring, I was relived it wasn't just me. I had a 2012 and 2015 Si before this car, and both had rattling from the back deck, although the 2012 was much worse and also included door rattles.

Last edited by sup191; 12-01-2015 at 03:16 PM. Reason: second time in a day I typed desk instead of deck. Fail...
post #16 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 04:37 PM

anyone else find their sub rattling? The EX-T i just tried at the dealer did the same thing...
post #17 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 04:50 PM

EX-T doesn't have the subwoofer people are complaining about.
post #18 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 11:18 AM

Just received a call from my dealership's sales manager and I have an appointment tomorrow for a local professional audio shop (a block from the dealership) to look into the issue and do what needs to be done to resolve any rattling. They are also going to provide me a loaner car while the work is being done. So far, the dealership has done an excellent job of helping identify and resolve this issue. I will once again report back after the audio shop has done their work and let you know if the issue has been fully resolved.
Smartie likes this.
post #19 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dick w View Post
EX-T doesn't have the subwoofer people are complaining about.
Then it was something else rattling back there at higher volumes...
post #20 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaCustSvc View Post
Glad to help! We love hearing from our customers and you're always able to share your concerns and experience with us on Twitter @HondaCustSvc anytime. Have a great week!

Thank you,

Sam
Welcome and thanks for joining us. This is how you know a forum is making it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 10th Gen Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page