450 Watt Speaker in Touring Rattling and Smacking Sound?? - Page 3 - 10th Gen Civic Forum
 10Likes

post #21 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 01:50 PM

I earlier reported that the sound in my Touring was excellent. It turns out that I hadn't yet played any songs with significant bass. Once I did...WOW, what a problem!! It rattles horribly. I will be taking my car in soon. Hope they have a fix.
post #22 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

OP here

Went in to the dealer and they ordered a part in for the back subwoofer speaker, tried it out and no significant changes so they are willing to order in a new stereo system to be installed into my car. Hope this helps. Now my paranoia from the stereo system is coming up in my fuel economy. I am having trouble hitting the designated numbers and also finding the fuel gauge is choppy/laggy and has a delay of a second from my actual gas pedal interaction. Am I just noticing this now or was this always present in the car? Feedback from others would set my soul at ease LOL
post #23 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 01:13 PM

Ok, time for another update...

I went into the dealer yesterday as scheduled to have a 3rd party professional stereo installer look into the issue. I was met by the service manager who said that Honda got in contact with him (thanks to Honda Sam from this thread? and that Honda doesn't want a 3rd party to alter a new vehicle - my guess would be it would void the warranty. He did say that Honda is aware of the issue and will have a fix within a week. If I remember correctly, he mentioned that there were other complaints about the same vibration issue. The dealership is going to call me within the next week with an official fix from Honda.

For others having this issue, I'll let you know when my issue gets resolved. I'll ask my technician if there's any information I can pass along to this forum so others with the Touring can take their car into Honda and have this issue resolved. I'm guessing they will have the fix identifiable by some reference number...

post #24 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-05-2015, 02:20 AM

Same problem here, Spent some time myself with some sticky foam strip this evening eliminating any noisy interactions and it definitely helped but there is still something underneath that rear plastic deck that is rattling.

All in all i'm about to go back and use up some more foam

Some soft targets I have tried:

Seat latch release brackets (The two you pull from the trunk)
A number of odd wires barely touching the lid (including the glowy green wire which had a metal clip loosely touching the frame)
Threw some foam to make a little buffer on the spare tool holder to cardboard bottom (Also tightened up the suicide jack so it wouldn't jangle)
Made sure spare tire holder was tight
Checked for broken clips/Loose/Rattly (Oddly whatever hose is on the left side behind the carpet was completely out of bracket)
Various places everywhere the carpet edge itself might seem to vibrate against the frame
Folded the seats down and stuffed foam under all of the wimpy plastic mini brackets on deck (Pretty sure there are more of these on the whole deck but I just got these) [Also noticed the frame layering quality was not very consistant...]
Foamed up various places around the trunk latch. (Oh god don't let it be the latch)

I can't say what helped significantly or specifically because I didn't do each one and then test, but it has definitely cut down on rattles, But still can't get loud without sounding ridiculous.
post #25 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-05-2015, 04:03 AM

Garage
I just checked my touring and it's got the rattling when I play certain songs with lower frequencies. Not good.
post #26 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-05-2015, 03:50 PM

Does anyone know how the sub cover panel is held in? I'm pretty sure there's some loose wires or floating panel towards the back and 3rd brake light that needs some extra filling at this point.
post #27 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-10-2015, 09:06 PM

RESOLUTION!!

I just got back from my Honda dealer and they have corrected the bass rattling! As of right now, there is no official TSB to correct the issue, but according to the tech that worked on my car, one should be coming soon as this has become a known issue with the 2016 Tourings for Honda. On my invoice, the notes say "Removed rear deck trim cover modify cover and foam sound deadner as per Honda Zone rep."

I'm extremely happy that my dealership worked so well with Honda to resolve both my climate temperature issue and rattling issue so quickly. I hope the information I was able to provide to this thread will help others get their Touring issues fixed. Tech Line and Honda Care helped resolve the issues quickly. The Honda dealership I bought my Touring from is All-Star Honda in Milwaukee, WI. They have gone out of their way to get my issues fixed ASAP, which is why I've bought/traded in my last couple vehicles with them and will definitely go back for my next Honda. I have no affiliation with them other than just being a very happy customer.

Also, a special thanks to HondaCustSvc (Sam) for his help in getting the ball rolling to get these issues identified and fixed by Honda!
hondo, Dawnjk44 and bneykc like this.
post #28 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-10-2015, 09:52 PM

Garage
That's awesome and I'm glad they worked so hard to fix it for you. Hopefully this fix will trickle to all the dealers. Maybe my dealer will have the fix by the time I pick up my plates.
post #29 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-11-2015, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup191 View Post
RESOLUTION!!

I just got back from my Honda dealer and they have corrected the bass rattling! As of right now, there is no official TSB to correct the issue, but according to the tech that worked on my car, one should be coming soon as this has become a known issue with the 2016 Tourings for Honda. On my invoice, the notes say "Removed rear deck trim cover modify cover and foam sound deadner as per Honda Zone rep."

I'm extremely happy that my dealership worked so well with Honda to resolve both my climate temperature issue and rattling issue so quickly. I hope the information I was able to provide to this thread will help others get their Touring issues fixed. Tech Line and Honda Care helped resolve the issues quickly. The Honda dealership I bought my Touring from is All-Star Honda in Milwaukee, WI. They have gone out of their way to get my issues fixed ASAP, which is why I've bought/traded in my last couple vehicles with them and will definitely go back for my next Honda. I have no affiliation with them other than just being a very happy customer.

Also, a special thanks to HondaCustSvc (Sam) for his help in getting the ball rolling to get these issues identified and fixed by Honda!
Awesome! So all the rattling is eliminated and you tested a wide spectrum of bass?
It's promising that Honda has come up with a resolution.
post #30 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-11-2015, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo View Post
Hopefully this fix will trickle to all the dealers.
Hopefully to a production line change as well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 10th Gen Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page