450 Watt Speaker in Touring Rattling and Smacking Sound?? - Page 6 - 10th Gen Civic Forum
 10Likes

post #51 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 10:03 AM

Same Issue

I have had the same problem and have been to the dealer twice and they refuse to fix it. Hopefully Honda issues something official so that they will fix it, its ridiculous to drive a brand new broken car off the lot.
post #52 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-01-2016, 01:36 PM

I have the same rattling sound when I play songs with bass. I took it to my dealership with a printed copy of this entire thread and they said they added foam to the rear deck. I can't confirm if they did or not because I am not going through the work involved to check. But they did turn the bass level down on the radio. And the problem is still there. We all need to file an official complaint with Honda. Their website doesn't have an email address for customer service so we will have to call. Here is the contact info from their website:Contact Us

For further assistance, feel free to contact Honda Automobile Customer Service. Business hours are Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Pacific Time.
Honda Customer Service can now be reached via Twitter at: @HondaCustSvc
By Phone
At our toll-free number: 1-800-999-1009
post #53 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-28-2016, 12:10 PM

Update on my Vehicle 2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan 10/25/2016:
Rattle in Rear Speakers: Took it to dealership and played Warren G's Regulate to have them listen to the Rattle and it was very evident with the volume only on 15. They removed the rear dash and put in some foam. It is 90% fix. It does not rattle to the same music between 15 and 25 volume, but you go higher and I still get just a little rattle; enough to notice. But that will not be my normal listening volume, so it's okay for now. If it gets worse then I will take it back and ask them to put more foam in.

Update 10/25/16: I was listening to The Weeknd - The Hills yesterday on my way home from work and the volume was only set at 11 and it rattled pretty bad. I will be taking it back and have them listen to that song to hear the Rattle.
post #54 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-28-2016, 05:29 PM

Wow, I hope they are looking at other things like screws holding it down for example because if it needs for example something like locktite, then that's what they should be applying, and that might be one reason it went away and now comes back.

another option is to try a different dealer.
post #55 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-28-2016, 07:23 PM

Do you guys find that it sounds like 450 watts of power ? , I've never had a system rated that high in the past, I was expecting to be blown away with it. It is pretty good , but it doesn't sound like 450 watts to me. I've got maybe 100 watts in my other car and it doesn't sound all that much quieter than my Civic's system. I thought 450 watts would have been much stronger sounding particularly with so many speakers. I don't get rattles thus far.

2016 Coupe Touring - Blue
2002 Honda S2000 - Silver with Blue and Black custom interior. Garage Queen.
2015 Jeep daily driver workhorse.
post #56 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 09:25 PM

I have the same issue with the rattle. I hope that the issue can be corrected when I go for my recall on the E-Brake.
Truckin
post #57 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS2000 View Post
Do you guys find that it sounds like 450 watts of power ? , I've never had a system rated that high in the past, I was expecting to be blown away with it. It is pretty good , but it doesn't sound like 450 watts to me. I've got maybe 100 watts in my other car and it doesn't sound all that much quieter than my Civic's system. I thought 450 watts would have been much stronger sounding particularly with so many speakers. I don't get rattles thus far.
I don't feel that it sounds like a 450 watt system. I had a 2011 Chevy Cruze RS and it sounded way better. Maybe when I get all the rattles fixed then I can compare it better. My 2014 Ram 1500 only have 4 speakers and puts out better bass than this Premium sound system.

Have you tried playing Warren G's Regulate and The Weeknd's The Hill about 45seconds in at about 20 on the volume? Please do when you get a chance and let me know if you still don't have any rattle. I'm interested to know. Thanks.
post #58 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceplayr View Post
I don't feel that it sounds like a 450 watt system. I had a 2011 Chevy Cruze RS and it sounded way better. Maybe when I get all the rattles fixed then I can compare it better. My 2014 Ram 1500 only have 4 speakers and puts out better bass than this Premium sound system.

Have you tried playing Warren G's Regulate and The Weeknd's The Hill about 45seconds in at about 20 on the volume? Please do when you get a chance and let me know if you still don't have any rattle. I'm interested to know. Thanks.
Yeah my 2015 Jeep Cherokee has six speakers, maybe 100 watts of power, and no subwoofer and I'd say it sounds just as loud as my Civic's system with 4 times the power rating and all the extra speakers, and my Jeep sounds as good or better. That's what made me wonder about the Civic's claimed rating.

I don't have a single rattle yet, but I have not played the songs you listed, but I figured A/C D/C on pretty loud volume would bring out any inherent rattles.

2016 Coupe Touring - Blue
2002 Honda S2000 - Silver with Blue and Black custom interior. Garage Queen.
2015 Jeep daily driver workhorse.
post #59 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS2000 View Post
I don't have a single rattle yet, but I have not played the songs you listed, but I figured A/C D/C on pretty loud volume would bring out any inherent rattles.
When I play Rock / Classic Rock / Metal, I don't get the rattle either. It's when playing R&B / Hip Hop that causes it to rattle; they must register a lot lower bass frequencies.
post #60 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-12-2016, 10:45 AM

Civic touring problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaCustSvc View Post
Hey Sup191, I work for Honda Automobile Customer Service. I'm sorry to hear about your issue. I would definitely have a Honda dealership check out the vehicle. Would you be able to provide me your email or best contact # so we can reach you...if you have a Twitter account, please follow and DM us. Would love to connect to see how we can help!

Thank you,

Sam
My dealer cannot get an iphone 6 to work, have taken in twice and never works ex cept by cable

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 10th Gen Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page