450 Watt Speaker in Touring Rattling and Smacking Sound?? - 10th Gen Civic Forum
 10Likes

post #1 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

Question 450 Watt Speaker in Touring Rattling and Smacking Sound??

Hi all,

I just picked up an OWP Civic Touring yesterday and LOVE it. I tried out the speaker system just now with songs with bass and find that there is a loose rattling sound in the back speakers during bass. Can others with the same speaker system let me know how theirs is like? It sounds like the plastic molding might be vibrating or loose. I will be getting it checked out tomorrow or the next day but wanted to get some insight from you guys on the forum.

Thanks
post #2 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 01:29 PM

Proud owner here of Touring WOP with Ivory interior!!
You've got a problem, dude.
My sound is "off da hook!!" The sound is incredible, no rattling or anything. Yours should be the same.
Take it back! Matthew
post #3 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-21-2015, 02:40 AM

Yupp you have a problem for sure my sound system sounds great no vibrations from my speakers take it back and they should be able to help you out

post #4 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-21-2015, 09:29 AM

wonder if its just a loose bolt or something
post #5 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-21-2015, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the posts everyone. I brought it to the dealer they said they'll have a look and I made an appointment. will keep this updated
Becky likes this.
post #6 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-21-2015, 10:22 PM

Just picked up a Touring last night and have the exact same back vibration with the bass. In fact, it can be so bad that I have to turn the station/source at times. I'm definitely going to have the look at it early next week when they take a look at my climate temperature problem. I don't get the temperature readings on the upper left and right of my touchscreen. The heat controls work fine, but I can't tell what they are set to. They tried to look into the issue as I was doing the paper work, but couldn't figure it out before they closed for the night. They did a full computer system reboot and it didn't help. I'm hoping the temp sensors are just disconnected or something along those lines and not registering on the screen.
post #7 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-23-2015, 03:28 PM

Hey Sup191, I work for Honda Automobile Customer Service. I'm sorry to hear about your issue. I would definitely have a Honda dealership check out the vehicle. Would you be able to provide me your email or best contact # so we can reach you...if you have a Twitter account, please follow and DM us. Would love to connect to see how we can help!

Thank you,

Sam
post #8 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-23-2015, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaCustSvc View Post
Hey Sup191, I work for Honda Automobile Customer Service. I'm sorry to hear about your issue. I would definitely have a Honda dealership check out the vehicle. Would you be able to provide me your email or best contact # so we can reach you...if you have a Twitter account, please follow and DM us. Would love to connect to see how we can help!

Thank you,

Sam

Thanks Sam for reply! I called in a few hours ago to my dealer here in Milwaukee and they scheduled me for a 2 pm appointment tomorrow to address both the vibrating rear deck along with the climate temperature readings not showing up on the display. I'll be sure to post back here after the service visit to let everyone know if the two situations were resolved. I'll send you my info via a PM on here.

Thanks again!
post #9 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-23-2015, 10:55 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaCustSvc View Post

Thank you,

Sam

Thank you VERY MUCH for being on here and being on top of requests. This is a great example of customer service and while I am not yet a Civic owner seeing this would make me one. (Were I not already planning on it) It is appreciated again, and welcome!
post #10 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 02:12 PM

Glad to help! We love hearing from our customers and you're always able to share your concerns and experience with us on Twitter @HondaCustSvc anytime. Have a great week!

Thank you,

Sam

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 10th Gen Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page