Replacement for AUX - 10th Gen Civic Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Replacement for AUX

I find it very annoying that the 2016 EX doesn't have an AUX input for music for whenever I have passengers and they want to play their music or "FIRE" instead they have to connect to the car's bluetooth which is annoying. It'd be simple just to connect their phone to the car and then BAM music!! Simple right? Has anybody found a way to create simulate some sort of replacement AUX cable for music? I ordered a USB to AUX cable figuring that I could use the USB insert with the USB source to play music, however it didn't work all the tablet says is something along the lines of "Device wasn't read" or "Device was disconnect or couldn't connect"
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 08:27 AM

Don't think anyone has figured out a replacement method yet. The USB ports will pick up Flash memory sticks so you can throw a bunch of music in folders on a flash drive and the infotainment system can play them and your passenger can mess with the playlist. That's all I know.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tires View Post
Don't think anyone has figured out a replacement method yet. The USB ports will pick up Flash memory sticks so you can throw a bunch of music in folders on a flash drive and the infotainment system can play them and your passenger can mess with the playlist. That's all I know.
Yeah I know I can use a usb and let them mess with it but it's so much easier to have it directly connected to their phones so they can play their music :/

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 10:16 AM

It might be possible that the back of the head unit had an AUX connection, sort of like how some aftermarket systems are, so it might be worth trying to find some information on what open ports are back there, Honda might be able to tell you. The hard way would be to physically look for that port.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 10th Gen Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page