10th Gen Civic Hatchback Global Debut At Geneva - 10th Gen Civic Forum
 3Likes

post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

10th Gen Civic Hatchback Global Debut At Geneva

The 10th Gen Civic Hatchback?s prototype is making its global debut at the 2016 Geneva Motor Show and we have all the juicy details for you right here.

Sitting 20 mm lower than the current generation and with a 30 mm wider and 130 mm longer body, the new Civic Hatchback?s long wheelbase and short overhangs will provide you with engaging driving dynamics.

The Hatchback facia features large aggressive air intakes, LED headlights and daytime running lights which flows under the sculpted bonnet with the front fender curves to accentuate the wheel arches. That sweeping line from the front continues along the side, cutting through both door handles and continuing onto the C-shaped LED rear lights in a sleek line. A second line underneath it starts from the front wheels and moves upwards as it progresses along the two doors until it connects with the rear wheel arches. These lines were designed to emphasise the Hatchback's dynamic forward-leaning stance. The aggressive lines continue in the rear with angular creases and large vents similar to the ones from the bumper.

On the exterior, the cabin area may look sleek but it was also designed to provide maximum interior space. A sentiment that Daisuke Tsutamori, Project Leader for the styling of the Prototype, shared with us in his statement: ?We knew that we needed to create a striking and stand-out exterior design that challenged conventional European compact styling while staying true to the original Civic?s core values; a marriage of distinctive and sporty design, rewarding driving dynamics and versatile practicality.?

The 10th generation Civic Hatchback is set to launch in Europe early 2017. Produced by Honda of the UK Manufacturing (HUM), the Hatchback will be shipped globally to other markets including the United States.

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 10:28 AM

What's the total vehicle length?
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown Drifter View Post
What's the total vehicle length?
Someone said it was 1.3" shorter than the coupe.

5 Civics in 10 years. I might be an addict.

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbJK88 View Post
Someone said it was 1.3" shorter than the coupe.
Thanks. Hopefully it's a little shorter. Anything longer than 180" will be problematical for my spot in our garage.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 02:32 PM

I really like the design here. I think that they have made changes to the Civic that are basically all the things that I have thought about changing with the Civic sedan. They have changed the grille to black. They made the spoiler more of a light bar than a spoiler. I like the neon accents, and the centre double exhaust too.

The fog lights look a little out of place to me.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civil View Post
I really like the design here. I think that they have made changes to the Civic that are basically all the things that I have thought about changing with the Civic sedan. They have changed the grille to black. They made the spoiler more of a light bar than a spoiler. I like the neon accents, and the centre double exhaust too.

The fog lights look a little out of place to me.
Sadly since this is just a prototype, the regular hatches won't have as many of these sporty touches. Expect the front end to be identical to the coupe/sedan variants and the back end to get a similar coupe/sedan treatment.

However, the gloss black accents, exhaust, and more radical front and rear bumpers could definitely make their way to either the Si models in some form or the Type R.
Xhilr8n! likes this.

5 Civics in 10 years. I might be an addict.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 03:48 PM

Yea I'm thinking that the Type R will basically be what we see here though the regular hatch will have a few less exciting bits.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 03:49 PM

I do feel like the profile looks a little odd. It is almost too round at the back. I want the spoiler to be longer or something.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 03:49 PM

Heard that Honda's production-ready hatchback is going to be available soon so maybe it'll look like the Geneva model since they don't need more time to drastically change the body. Doesn't Honda have a tendency to produce vehicles close to the concept designs?
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown Drifter View Post
Thanks. Hopefully it's a little shorter. Anything longer than 180" will be problematical for my spot in our garage.
Well, it's supposed to be 20 mm lower than the current outgoing hatchback which has an overall height of 1475mm. So the new civic hatchback is 1455mm, around 57.28 inches. Should fit into your garage.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 10th Gen Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page