Honda Civic Hatchback Prototype Commercials - 10th Gen Civic Forum
 2Likes

post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

Honda Civic Hatchback Prototype Commercials

And it looks hot in both of them. Just released by WorldCarMedia -VP on their YouTube Channel, you’ll be able to catch a glimpse of the Hatchback in the dark in all its green accent glory.

The headlights are shown in two modes; just the LED outline is lit up or both the outline and the rest of the headlight is turned on. The two circular green accents seems to be fog lights, most likely not going to go into the production model but very nice looking all the same. The constantly changing lighting outlines every single one of those ridges and curves on the Hatchback and it’s a video worth watching.

The second one is also making note of that grey and green color combination and you’ll see it in action on the city streets. Perhaps this one is catered towards the young urbanites with the upbeat music and constantly changing viewpoint.

What does everyone think?
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 03:57 PM

This has convinced me to wait for the hatchback production model. If it looks like the prototype I would be so happy. Please Honda, come out with a sport package so I can get the green fog lights and everything else I see on the prototype.

Thanks!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2016, 06:35 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tires View Post
This has convinced me to wait for the hatchback production model. If it looks like the prototype I would be so happy. Please Honda, come out with a sport package so I can get the green fog lights and everything else I see on the prototype.

Thanks!
Whats the point in green fogs though?
Becky likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2016 Rallye Red Honda Civic Touring

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Western Massachusetts USA

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2016, 08:44 AM

No point, they just look nice. Maybe have a normal fog light bulb in the center of that green circle for practicality sake.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2016, 11:57 AM

There's just no way those green circles are fog lights, it's purely cosmetic. Even in the pictures and video's here you can see how minimal its throw is.

Can't imagine that making it to production.
RobbJK88 likes this.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2016, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5TAR View Post
There's just no way those green circles are fog lights, it's purely cosmetic. Even in the pictures and video's here you can see how minimal its throw is.

Can't imagine that making it to production.
Is it even legal to have green colored fog lights?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-03-2016, 08:35 AM

No idea. I only know that yellow/amber or white fog lights are legal. Even if they don't keep the nice green accents, I hope they still keep those nice pinched metal lines along the body. Adds such a nice flow to the car.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-03-2016, 11:23 AM

Yellow could get you in trouble with some cops, some just don't care. Anything else and you'll attract attention. I know blue is a big no no, but fortunately if you don't live in the city... chances are you also won't get booked for it.

Best to just check the local traffic laws and take action based on that.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-03-2016, 12:41 PM

As a resistant person, I thought this is your brain on civic.
I would wish for more substance, less sizzle if I were ad director.
I notice that the mercedes emblem has gotten huge as it`s dependability continues to decrease. It`s sizzle sell.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-03-2016, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civic X News View Post

The second one is also making note of that grey and green color combination and you’ll see it in action on the city streets. Perhaps this one is catered towards the young urbanites with the upbeat music and constantly changing viewpoint.
I hear you but new style even gimmicks and snazzy tunes can appeal to we old frts too.

2015 Civic Si
1974, 2005, 2011 Lotus cars
2015 Toyota Tundra TRD PRO (it's orange too)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 10th Gen Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page