2016 Chevy Cruze - Page 3 - 10th Gen Civic Forum
 19Likes

post #21 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-10-2015, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civil View Post
Just thought I would post up this render of the Cruze as a hatchback. What do you guys think?

The new cruze is so much better looking than the current car. But i cant help but draw comparisons to the 2012-2013 civic coupe front end when looking at this car. The triangle upper grill. The lower gaping grill. The angular lights. It just reminds me of the civic coupe before the refresh. The new Volt has a very similar look too.

But overall, definitely an improvement over the current car. I think what will shine with this car is the interior quality rather than driving dynamics tho.

5 Civics in 10 years. I might be an addict.
post #22 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-12-2015, 08:26 PM

i heard they might bedoing a coupr this time too...
post #23 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid squid View Post
I haven't heard that. It'd be interesting if they did. I know people were really upset the cruze never got an SS model. I feel like if they did a coupe then they'd HAVE to do a sportier engined trim. But who knows. The small affordable coupe market is shrinking all the time. 2 doors are all pretty much reserved for sports/muscle cars these days. The honda civic, the kia forte, scion tC, hyundai veloster are all we have in the segment anymore. Hyundai dropped the elantra coupe. VW refuses to offer the scirocco here. Chevy hasn't had a compact coupe since the cobalt. I feel like dodge could offer a sporty coupe with the dart platform but they probably won't anytime soon.

I know that most other car companies struggle to sell the volume honda does with the civic so a coupe isn't viable for their fleet. I know the civic coupe doesn't sell anywhere near as many cars as the sedan does. But i'd hate to see the segment disappear out of my price range.

post #24 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid squid View Post
Not going to happen. The folks from CruzeTalk.com that went to the unveiling and went to the assembly plant lately have reported nothing on a two door model. They are struggling to get the hatchback launched for 2016 MY. Even an SS is up in the air with nothing from GM on it.

2013 CBP EX-L sedan w/Navi.: K&N Drop In
33,333 Mi.;Avg MPG:33 city;44 hiway;87 E10;ECON On
46 mos. old, not a single problem, issue, or recall.
I've gone out to find myself. If I return before I get back, have me wait for me.
87,956 more Civics than Cruzen in '13
52,921 more Civics than Cruzen in '14
108,782 more Civics than Cruzen, in'15
145,771 September '16 YTD
post #25 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-20-2015, 01:04 PM

I don't think the Cruze needs a coupe. I think that while both the Civic and Cruze are both targeting everyday people, the Civic has more potential to be made speedy and exciting than the Cruze.
RobbJK88 likes this.
post #26 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-20-2015, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanGuy View Post
I don't think the Cruze needs a coupe. I think that while both the Civic and Cruze are both targeting everyday people, the Civic has more potential to be made speedy and exciting than the Cruze.
Agreed, like i'd mentioned before the character of these cars is different. The cruze is going for a luxury aspect. Soft ride. Plush interior. Softer driving dynamics overall.

The civic is going for sporty, fun, light, tossable but still packed with features that focus on the driver.

Both are totally legit ways of targeting an audience, and with the sedan and hatch versions of the civic honda has the ability to target multiple demographics of buyers with the civic. The cruze is just more limited in its appeal (but its still a large demographic to cover).

post #27 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-21-2015, 01:03 PM

I think that the Civic is a more versatile model that can therefore support more variants than the Cruze.
RobbJK88 likes this.
post #28 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civil View Post
I think that the Civic is a more versatile model that can therefore support more variants than the Cruze.
With the success they've been having with the Cruze i'm sure if viable they'd do more to it, but of course approaching that idea with the mindset of not taking away sales from another model they have.
post #29 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5TAR View Post
With the success they've been having with the Cruze i'm sure if viable they'd do more to it, but of course approaching that idea with the mindset of not taking away sales from another model they have.
I think that's why before we see a Cruze coupe we would be more likely to see a smaller budget camaro. Chevy even had one lined up but it never made it to production and recently they said the whole project was scrapped, even nissan had a small rear drive coupe in the works that got killed off early on. Most of that is due to not being able to hit desired sales prices... the cars were too pricey to produce and sell for under 20k like they wanted. And really, the camaro isn't a terrible pricey car to begin with, they wouldn't want to step on it's sales with something just as engaging but cheaper to buy. That's why they need to forget doing budget rear drive and keep it front wheel drive. It's cheaper to make and puts the car in a different class from their bigger rear drive stable mates. But that's just my opinion.

post #30 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 02:43 PM

I'm not sure how down market they would ever want to take the Camaro. I think that the EcoBoost Mustang is about the lowest the the Camaro would want to go in order to be more accessible to people. I see a Cruze hatch as a much more likely thing to actually happen than a Cruze coupe.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 10th Gen Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page