Can't seem to GET ONE...! - 10th Gen Civic Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By B20Vtec

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

Can't seem to GET ONE...!

Newbie here. I've ordered a '17 Civic Hatchback Sport, white, with manual transmission, and the local dealer can't seem to produce the thing. I'm starting to draft a bitchy letter to Honda-USA. Got thoughts, arguments, stories? FRUSTRATED, I went to Subaru, to drive the stick-shift Impreza Sport Hatchback, and I didn't like it at all. Hence, I must be patient, or go drive the Mazda.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 02:24 PM

Same exact issue with my dealer ... I ordered a stick-shift Sport Hatch in October. It was delayed multiple times. Then it materialized on their lot last week with no warning to anyone.

I've been driving my new car for a week now and Love it. Trust me, it's worth the wait.

Last edited by philipb2; 05-19-2017 at 03:21 PM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 02:49 PM

I say you wait it out.. maybe look at dealers at a distance and take a little road trip with a friend Which area do you live in, perhaps we can band together to help and find you one!

It's never a good thing to settle and if you really want the Civic, it'll be so much more worth it when you finally get your hands on it
philipb2 likes this.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 02:52 PM

My dealer said there was only one Hatchback sport with manual transmission left in the state. Bought it last saturday and will have it by wednesday. i did not had the color choice, which is white. They told me that otherwise i would have to wait 6 month in order to have one...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 07:05 AM

This is becoming the norm, unfortunately. Three-pedaled cars are being produced in smaller and smaller numbers and in a lot of cases it will be take what you can get or STFU. I searched for over six months to find my 2007 Civic 5-speed and when I looked into it with my Hatch I decided it wasn't worth the hassle and wait so I opted for the CVT instead.

Not entirely dissatisfied. All things considered the CVT is pretty well engineered as compared to a lot of the other ones available on the market.

Just because you can does not mean that you should.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 10th Gen Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page