10th Honda Civic Forum banner

officially got the civic type r !!!

14K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  Phasmatodea52 
#1 ·
wassup guys. new here. sorry I'm new to this forum thing still learning how to navigate and post stuff. so yesterday when I first found that the type r will be releasing in my city which is Jacksonville florida. I scramble around called every single dealership near me asking on more info on it with very little info. my friend text me around 12 pm. said there was a championship white one at a dealership but the guy that posted it on Facebook didn't wanna say where so I was on a hunt ! lol making sure no one else beat me to it. I made it to the right dealership at around 2 pm. asked info about it and off rip they told me adm is 10k and its in the back getting inspected. told the salesman let me at least see the car first he said sure. car pulled into the showroom. and I was speechless so amazed at this point I was like sheet I would pay anything to have this car. other people started showing up asking questions and I pulled him to the side said alright deal pull out the papers. I know a lot of people would call me dumb for paying 10k over but I been waiting for this car to come to the US for a while now and I got the money for it so why not. other dealership around here had it at 20k plus over msrp. all in all the handling to me is perfect. acceleration is alright since I'm use to my 2016 m3. but the car overall is very nice might be too "all in your face" but if your a true hone enthusiast you will appreciate this car. I think people shouldn't buy this car as a daily driver as expensive as it is and how exclusive it is right now the smartest decision is to make it a weekend car. I bought this car as a collector item. probably take it out once a week. but here are some pictures enjoy ! ill take some more better pictures hopefully tomorrow.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice very cool!!!! Welcome to the forum.

#3 ·
Awesome man. That car is going to hold its value I wouldn't worry about the extra 10k especially if you only drive it on the weekends. The exclusivity of the car alone will make it hold its value. I would love to get one myself but for a DD car I couldn't drop that kind of money. I opted for a HB instead and plan to mod that a little to give me a fun car to DD. Congrats I think that white looks really good too so enjoy the envy from folk.

#6 · (Edited)
acceleration is alright since I'm use to my 2016 m3. but the car overall is very nice might be too "all in your face" but if your a true hone enthusiast you will appreciate this car. I think people shouldn't buy this car as a daily driver as expensive as it is and how exclusive it is right now the smartest decision is to make it a weekend car. I bought this car as a collector item. probably take it out once a week.
it's not a wise decision for me but I will live vicariously through your purchase just fine. :surprise: how do you have that kinda scratch lying around. you're not kidding about all in your face styling. I don't even have the center exhausts in my lowly LX but it feels styled just right without them. I guess bite off only what you can chew.

#9 · (Edited)
told the salesman let me at least see the car first he said sure. car pulled into the showroom. and I was speechless so amazed at this point I was like sheet I would pay anything to have this car. other people started showing up asking questions and I pulled him to the side said alright deal pull out the papers. I know a lot of people would call me dumb for paying 10k over but I been waiting for this car to come to the US for a while now and I got the money for it so why not. other dealership around here had it at 20k plus over msrp.
I know when I get speechless, it's like the cat got my tounge, I freeze but when I freeze I get just the garden variety Civic LX. Going in, my hook was simply to land something sporty (i know, very nondescript but civic is overstyled out the box!! yay) and secondly how much price was reasonable (started with NA 2.0 and graduated to 1.5T) and so my question is was the weekend fling, lol. money well spent, automagically, right, I mean 45 grand with the ATM?

#10 ·
Holy cow! Congrats on getting your hands on the new Type R, maybe even the first one sold out of a dealership in the States. 10k over the MSRP seems steep to me, but that's because I don't have the funds for such a beauty. More pictures please!

Did you take it to the track this past weekend?

#11 ·
Honestly, I would say that you were crazy for paying a $10k markup, but dayum... I would do the same thing to be completely real. Heck, I would even push to say I would pay $15k over if it really came down to it.

I take it there were no options for yet right? Did they offer you any exterior care packages or any packages in general that aren't the usual?

#12 · (Edited)
Congrats!

Can't blame you for paying $10k over asking. Type R's have a history of holding their value well (even appreciating) on top of being the most enjoyable thing for under $50k... stock. Just wait till all our favorite Japanese tuning brands start coming out with parts, actually, some based here in North America might call on you to assist with development ;)

Heard mixed feedback of steering in R Mode, did you like R Mode steering on the street?

#14 ·
I bet if it wasn't for the other buyers walking through the door he wouldn't have purchased it so soon and even tried to negotiate the mark up. In this situation the dealer always has the advantage, they know it, we know it and we just have to play by their rules.... or wait months for a better deal. Waiting is no fun!

#15 ·
But an LX isn't a Type R...

Look at everything more that you're getting, look at the demand, and look at the overall automotive industry and what happens when special iterations of cars come to play and to be sold. The dealers will always have markups because they know people will buy em'

#27 ·
I'd suggest Ktuner for the Civic X platform.It offers more features and it's actually preferred over Hondata by VitTuned AKA Vitviper.

Reactions: 5TAR
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.