I'm probably the only person in the world to trade in a big bad 6.2L V8 LS3 - 10th Gen Civic Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 12:11 AM Thread Starter

I'm probably the only person in the world to trade in a big bad 6.2L V8 LS3

Last Friday I traded in my 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3 for a 2017 Civic Coupe. I wanted to get something more economical for my 2hr daily work commute and also wanted more usable back seats for bringing friends to the beach or amusement parks in which it's a no go in the Camaro because there's no way I could drive it trying to fit someone behind me, the back seats in that car are truly unusable and my truck is a two seater (Ford Lightning). I went to go look at a 4 door red sedan SI and they had this sharp green 2 door coupe SI parked right up on the sidewalk right by the front door and it caught my eye. Salesmen came out and asked if I wanted to take it for a test drive so we took it out. I've never owned a economy car or 4cyl before and although I was considering one I didn't think I would like it but I really enjoyed the test drive. The new SI had so much more tech and gadgetry than my 2010 Camaro and I was actually shocked by how much leg room was in the Civic and it's hard to explain, but it was very enjoyable to drive (a totally different experience than the Camaro in which I've actually had two 5th gens in a row so I was also looking to change it up and have a different experience) so I traded in without second guessing. I was at a point where with a 2hr daily commute it just didn't make sense to own two V8s and daily drive one that far.

Here she is:

It had 32 miles on it after my test drive and taking it next door to the store....

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 09:25 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Thumbs up

People who have never driven a "high rev tuner" don't understand how a 200hp car can be fun to drive, they think that if it doesn't have frame twisting torque that its gutless and can't get out of its own way, but these cars are light and quick and handle so well. You cant compare apples and oranges so I'm glad to hear that you enjoy both for what they are.

FROM THE GREAT WHITE NORTH

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 10th Gen Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page