Recommended LED lights - 10th Gen Civic Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

Recommended LED lights

Hey everyone.
I have a 2018 civic si. I'm wanting to swap out the OEM halogens for LEDs (white color for all). I really don't want to spend a whole lot of money, but I don't want to go cheap either. Can anyone recommend a brand/product? Provide a link if possible, please
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 03:17 PM

morimoto is a good source for them

vendor here on this site, novasight probably has good ones.

diode dynamics is another reputable source (vendor on the 9th, not sure about here)

hopefully, you are just going for looks, not better vision at night. aftermarket LED's in standard reflectors don't improve night vision.

hiding from those who might be looking for me
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 04:25 AM

I was in your shoes recently, there are so many brands out there and it's a bit overwhelming. Fortunately I came across this YouTube channel BulbFacts
On this channel, they compare LED/HID/Halogen bulbs from various brands side-by-side using both projector and reflective headlamps.
When it comes to choosing a brand, he recommended DDM Tuning. They're not the cheapest on the market, but they're not the most expensive either.

Things you'll need to consider when buying LED bulbs. What color lights are you looking for (color temperature)? And what level of brightness (lumens)?
Regular halogen bulbs have temperatures around 3500 kelvin (yellowish color) with a brightness of 4000 lumen
I went with 6000k LED bulbs (whiteish/blueish color) with a brightness of 10,000 lumens.
LED color temperatures can reach 15,000k (purpleish/blueish color), however the brightness will drop to around 6000 lumens.

If you're only concerned about brightness, the "sweet spot" is around 5500K-6500K. At this temperature, the lights will have a whiteish/blueish color and produce a brightness up to 12,000 lumens (depending on the brand)

Last edited by Ray Huang Sun; 10-16-2019 at 04:39 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 10th Gen Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page