10th Honda Civic Forum banner

Infotainment Issues

6K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  4Tires 
#1 ·
Experiencing intermittent glitches on infotainment system on the 2016 Touring

Audio goes out and doesn't return unless car is off for a few minutes.

Subwoofer cracks when using system while parked. Seems to be ok when driving.

Really disappointed since this is the central point of interaction for entertainment. It's my first brand new Honda.

Hopefully they fix this soon.

#2 ·
I am sorry to hear you are having issues. This seems to be a central problem in the new Civic Touring trim. I am sure Honda will be gathering data and within 1-3 months will have a solution that works. It is hard to be patient but for a real solution it will be worth it.

However, I do understand how this could hurt the new car experience.

#3 ·
I can make a recommendation for the subwoofer cracking that might work...no guarantees. Try an "Audio reboot". While in "park" with engine running, press and hold the Audio button for a reboot and let it reboot. Perhaps that will correct the subwoofer cracking. I had some blips here and there while listening to Pandora and this was corrected by an Audio reboot. Please let us know if that helps. Thank you.

#4 ·
As to the audio dropouts, this seems to be a common complaint so far on Tourings. Some people have had the amplifier replaced, but it's too soon to tell if that's really a fix, or if some software update on the head unit or amplifier will end up being a solution.

As to the subwoofer "cracking"--not sure what you mean. Others have reported that the subwoofer, reproducing something of the right frequency and amplitude, is exciting something else in the parcel shelf to resonate. Some posters on the other forum have had dealer/Honda tech work out solutions that may or many not be documented sooner or later for dealers with other customers experiencing the same problem.

Suggest you call Honda In-Car Technology Support at 888-528-7876. They probably won't have a fix and are likely to tell you to go to the dealer. But the only way this stuff will get fixed is for Honda to feel the pain. And lots of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.