Any available software update for the touchscreen? - 10th Gen Civic Forum

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

Any available software update for the touchscreen?

I have a 10th gen Civic EX and after my Bluetooth stopped working, this happened:

A factory data reset (Settings>System>Factory Data Reset) fixed the issue, but I'm wondering if there's any software updates the dealer can install that might prevent this problem from happening again.

Any thoughts?
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-23-2016, 04:08 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhawk214 View Post
I have a 10th gen Civic EX and after my Bluetooth stopped working, this happened:

A factory data reset (Settings>System>Factory Data Reset) fixed the issue, but I'm wondering if there's any software updates the dealer can install that might prevent this problem from happening again.

Any thoughts?
Only the dealership would have software fixes, and you need to report all issues like this to the dealership and call Honda corporate. Nobody here is authorized to fix your car, all we can do is guess.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2016 Rallye Red Honda Civic Touring

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Western Massachusetts USA

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 01:55 PM

When did you purchase your car?

As stressed before all these issues need to be reported to Honda Corporate. Open a case with them. If they do not feel pressure they will not develop a fix.

It would be nice if there was an update or status from Honda regarding them working on the infotainment issues.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 08:11 AM

Did you do a reboot by holding down the power button for 5 to 10 seconds? That seems to fix things on mine.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 12:31 PM

Garage
They have an update now. Service bulletin 16-022. When I went in for my first oil change this weekend I asked them about it and they didn't have it yet. Got a call today saying they have it and they can install it. I've attached a PDF of the bulletin.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ML.REAASC6A.USB_DRIVE_SB_16-022.pdf (2.54 MB, 2158 views)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 01:35 PM

Garage
^^ thanks! our new EX was affected with the non responsive on/off switch. this should fix it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 10th Gen Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page