Build Quality - Page 5 - 10th Gen Civic Forum
 7Likes

post #41 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabeldude View Post
Question about speed sensitive volume,I had a rental (Hyundai Tuscon) and this feature was very obvious when functioning. It is turned on on my civic but I do not believe that it's working, does the volume number setting change as the volume goes up and down with speed?
The volume # wont change, the radio compensates for cabin /road noise and enhances the volume to a comfortable listening level for the volume you had it set at when idling. When you slow down the music will soften as well. If you set it on the highest setting you will definitely notice the change

Current Rides
2016 Civic EX-T
2004 Acura TSX

Previous Honda Rides-Stock unless noted
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2014 Accord Sport
2012 Accord EX
2009 Civic SI All Skunk2
2001 Accord V6 Coupe
1993 Delsol SOCH Turbo then DOCH NOS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1993 Prelude
1987 Prelude
1984 CRX
post #42 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 05:34 PM

Garage
Thanks for the definitive answer Dallas, based on this It is not working !

FROM THE GREAT WHITE NORTH
post #43 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 06:07 PM

Anyone willing to go the extra mile when it comes to cabin quietness should look into dynamating their interior. Takes a bit of work and patience but well worth it in the end if doing it on your own, not exactly cheap if paying a shop.
post #44 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 09:35 AM

for those of us not familiar with the product, what is dynamat?
post #45 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 10:03 AM

I just read through these threads. Where are all the cars with issues built? My hatchback built in England seems to be put together pretty well.
post #46 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tires View Post
for those of us not familiar with the product, what is dynamat?
it's a foil back insulation/sound deadener used initially with high end audio systems to help minimize sound reverberations in cars. it now has become synonymous with customizing cars...nearly all highly customized cars now have it as standard.

it quiets the car, it makes car sound more like a thud when closing doors instead of a 'ping'. also helps with heat dissipation

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...qh74xfwi_b_p14

dyanmats own interpretation: Dynamat Xtreme is the highest efficiency sound damping material available and the most effective product for stopping noise and vibration in your automobile. With Dynamat Xtreme installed, road noise becomes silent energy. The effect this has on your sound system is phenomenal.

hiding from those who might be looking for me
post #47 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 10:58 AM

I fixed my own floppy rear stop light cover, since Honda doesn't have a fix for it. It would flop around when driving, but the worst part was it would allow red light to cover the rear windshield when backing up and interfered with outward viewing.

I pulled off the two Velcro tabs and stuck them to the window with Permatex Ultragrey sealant (similar to Hondabond). I let it sit over night to cure and then pushed the brake light cover upwards and it has held up nicely thus far. No need for me to go back to Honda now.

2016 Coupe Touring - Blue
2002 Honda S2000 - Silver with Blue and Black custom interior. Garage Queen.
2015 Jeep daily driver workhorse.
post #48 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabeldude View Post
Thanks for the definitive answer Dallas, based on this It is not working !
How can you tell? (I'm thinking that "calibrated ear" is not a very reliable measurement instrument.) Have you played with the settings for the amount of the SVC effect?
post #49 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS2000 View Post
I fixed my own floppy rear stop light cover, since Honda doesn't have a fix for it. It would flop around when driving, but the worst part was it would allow red light to cover the rear windshield when backing up and interfered with outward viewing.

I pulled off the two Velcro tabs and stuck them to the window with Permatex Ultragrey sealant (similar to Hondabond). I let it sit over night to cure and then pushed the brake light cover upwards and it has held up nicely thus far. No need for me to go back to Honda now.
Nice fix, that should go in a DIY section (sort of) for those that want to deal with this themselves since often dealers aren't that helpful.
post #50 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 08:36 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dick w View Post
how can you tell? (i'm thinking that "calibrated ear" is not a very reliable measurement instrument.) have you played with the settings for the amount of the svc effect?
yesss

FROM THE GREAT WHITE NORTH

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 10th Gen Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page