I am just wondering how much did people pay for 3 year extended warranty. - 10th Gen Civic Forum
 11Likes

post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 01:20 AM Thread Starter

I am just wondering how much did people pay for 3 year extended warranty.

Hi I am just wondering what people paid when they purchased a 3 year extended warranty with $0 deductible . I didn't know it but apparently I purchased it when I bought the car... I later learned my dealer wasn't the most honest dealer and has been sued in the some of $2 million dollars.
Does anyone know if you can cancel an extended warranty after purchasing it.
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 09:35 AM

My dealer was selling Crappy warranties, for $1600 which were not Honda.... I want Honda warranty because in my mind they have deeper pockets than some no name company... he obviously has higher profit margins by not selling Honda but I just bought 2017 EX-L and called, Lynn @ College Hills Honda, Ohio and she just sold me an 8yr - 120k $0 deductible warranty on a credit card for $1010.00 I could not be any happier...

Yes you can cancel warranty and get all your money back.
Sportymonk likes this.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 07:00 PM

Garage
$3500 for 5 year/100K and service plan. Finance guy just would not hear "No I don't need that" so I went along with it to humor him. Filed the cancellation paperwork the day after Christmas.
Sportymonk likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 EX-T sedan (Janis)
2016 CB500F (Lacy)
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 09:59 AM

should have just said...mention the **** warranty again...and deal is off, i'm out of here. yes, it does work. Toyota tried this same tactic few years back when getting the ex a new car. we were on our way out. (it was a company car that she got an allowance for....it's replaced every 2 years, regardless of mileage. kept telling the finance guy this...no need for warranty, we are replacing it in two years). kept trying to ram it down our throats..as well as tire/wheel protection, rustproofing...interior protection, glass etching.

i said, if a toyota needs all that after only 2 years of ownership, guess this will be last toyota we purchase (and it was).
Sportymonk likes this.

hiding from those who might be looking for me
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fear24 View Post
should have just said...mention the **** warranty again...and deal is off, i'm out of here. yes, it does work. Toyota tried this same tactic few years back when getting the ex a new car. we were on our way out. (it was a company car that she got an allowance for....it's replaced every 2 years, regardless of mileage. kept telling the finance guy this...no need for warranty, we are replacing it in two years). kept trying to ram it down our throats..as well as tire/wheel protection, rustproofing...interior protection, glass etching.

i said, if a toyota needs all that after only 2 years of ownership, guess this will be last toyota we purchase (and it was).
For real. My Honda finance guy begged me to get the warranty, he started saying it was going to be ONLY $100 more a month on my payment. I nearly rolled out of my chair laughing. I even asked him, people actually say yes to that, do I have stupid mother F****R written on my forehead. Anyhow, he came down to $50 a month and said, look. Im not paying $5 more a month than what is already agreed upon. Guess what, somehow I got 5/60 for only $2 more a month than what I started at. But I really wanted to just walk away. The finance nearly ruined a wonderful dealer experience and made sure to tell the GM that when he walked me to my new car.
Deathklok, B20Vtec and Sportymonk like this.

Current Rides
2016 Civic EX-T
2004 Acura TSX

Previous Honda Rides-Stock unless noted
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2014 Accord Sport
2012 Accord EX
2009 Civic SI All Skunk2
2001 Accord V6 Coupe
1993 Delsol SOCH Turbo then DOCH NOS

1993 Prelude
1987 Prelude
1984 CRX
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 03:56 PM

Garage
I know, I fail at negotiating. Always have. Not just with cars, but everything.

I hate the finance part of buying a car. I hate that the finance guy is always just a jumped-up salesman, and salesmen think "NO" means "Convince me."

2016 EX-T sedan (Janis)
2016 CB500F (Lacy)
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 10:02 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasjhawk View Post
For real. My Honda finance guy begged me to get the warranty, he started saying it was going to be ONLY $100 more a month on my payment. I nearly rolled out of my chair laughing. I even asked him, people actually say yes to that, do I have stupid mother F****R written on my forehead. Anyhow, he came down to $50 a month and said, look. Im not paying $5 more a month than what is already agreed upon. Guess what, somehow I got 5/60 for only $2 more a month than what I started at. But I really wanted to just walk away. The finance nearly ruined a wonderful dealer experience and made sure to tell the GM that when he walked me to my new car.
I nearly blew my rootbeer outa my nose when I read this.Bravo
Sportymonk and Dallasjhawk like this.

Past Civic:2013 SI RV6 Downpipe,Invidia Q300 Flash Pro tuned
Present Accord 2016 Sport.Tint and sport grill
Present Civic:2016 EX-T,Mishimoto Intake,VitViper Tuned for 91/87 octane.
TSW Rotary Forged Nurburgring 17X7.5 Wheels,JDM Badges,Carbon Fiber Rear Window Visor.Stay tuned for some exciting Modifications to come soon

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 03:24 PM
kid

I rarely walk out of a dealership feeling like I got a deal, but this time I believe I did.
My dealer offers a lifetime powertrain warranty free on every new Honda sold. On top of that, they offer a lifetime "bumper-to-bumper" warranty from Honda. They wanted $2500 for it. I asked why I needed it, since the finance guy just finished bragging about Honda reliability. He laughed, and said Nothing is perfect". I was able to push back long enough, he sold me the warranty for $1200.
So...I have a lifetime bumper-to-bumper warranty, and paid $27k out the door for a '17 EX-L Navi.
I read all the fine print on the warranty before signing, and it allows me to do my own service, as long as I keep receipts. Easiest way for me, is to just buy the parts from Honda. My wife keeps cars forever, so I feel this was a pretty good investment.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasjhawk View Post
See this is gold right here. This is how you deal with them! Kudos my friend. What did the GM say ?!
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 09:32 AM

I bought the extended warranty from Leith Honda in Raleigh for my 2016 CR-V as it doesn't take much like an A/C compressor failure (Daughter's Civic and my 12 month and 3 day old Plymouth Voyager) to make you glad you go it. Vehicles are too complicated to not have it if you are keeping any length of time. Admitted it is a huge profit maker or they wouldn't offer it.

Son got it on his 2016 Civic from Leith Honda in Raleigh. Then when my wife replaced her POS Ford Focus (tough year, my Pilot had 251K on it, son's Neon had 200+K on it, and wife's Focus was a POS) from AutoPark Honda in Cary NC (sister dealership to Leith, all owned by the same person) we were about the get the extended warranty from that "wonderful" finance person, when suddenly we noticed it wasn't a Honda warranty but from something called CNA??? WTF. THEN we quickly found out that is what Leith sold both my son and I on our cars!!!!! None of us have Honda Warranties!!!! After much discussing we went ahead and got the 10yr/100K warranty through CNA as it was less expensive and covered a little more. BUT next time I am going in with this new knowledge and will have done my research beforehand.

I believe they know that by this point in the process, they know you just want to get the car and do.

When they sent the survey, I responded appreciating the honest of the Auto
Park person that clearly told us we were getting a non-Honda Warranty. Then I went back and re-did the feedback on Leith and racked hem over the coals for their lack of integrity.
Deathklok and 5TAR like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 10th Gen Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page