10th Honda Civic Forum banner

2019 Honda Civic EX best OTD price

15K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  hamzanaeem 
#1 ·
Hi,

I am new to the forum! I own a 1999 honda civic:) I am in the market for a new one. What is the best price to pay? I am being quoted 23,790 + taxes + tag + dealer fees. Should my base price be based on KBB or lowest invoice price on nada.com. I am confused:)

I am told I should not pay dealer fees.

Or should I go for a 2018 honda civic ex with sensing

Thanks in advance!

#3 ·
You didn't mention if you're looking at a coupe or a sedan, but their base prices are $23,200 and $23,400 respectively. Add to that the Destination charge, tax, title and license. The price you are being quoted is higher than MSRP for the base vehicle, so to we'd need to know what other options are on the car they're quoting you to give you a better number. But it doesn't sound like they're giving you a great price. "Dealer Fees", or Additional Dealer Markups, are a rip-off.

#4 ·
If you polled the population of this forum you'd find that everyone paid a little something different for whatever car they bought. Car buying is a unique experience; it is the one commodity that is grossly affected by a myriad of factors.

What is the dealer's standing with the manufacturer? Are they one of the higher producing dealerships? That will affect their invoice pricing and will change whether they're willing to offer a "deal".

How have sales been this month? Is it early or late in the month? Are sales down from this time last year? Do they have a lot of inventory or are they moving pretty much every car out the door in days, not weeks?

My experience in my town (suburban Minneapolis, MN) is that the Honda and Toyota dealers do not negotiate on the sale price of a new car. They'll play "Let's Make A Deal" all day long on used cars, but around here the price on the window is what the car will cost. Deals happen at model year-end or when there's an "excess" of inventory, but for the most part American Honda Motors is NOT having problems selling cars, and with the domestic manufacturers abandoning car manufacturing for the more lucrative SUV market, the "import" manufacturers will have an easier time selling cars going forward.

So, where you live and where/when you buy will be what drives (no pun intended) what you'll pay for this new car. You can try to beat the dealer up on their "Dealer Fees", but in many localities those are government (state or locally) mandated and non-negotiable. Go in, play the game with them, and decide whether it's all worthwhile. Nobody on a forum can tell you what's a good deal and what isn't, because every car buying experience is different.

My $0.02

Mike

#8 ·
When you guys saw 21K out the door does that include sales tax? Also where are you located? Any good deals to be had in Michigan? I'm in the market for a 2019 Civic EX 1.5t.

From looking online it says the MSRP for a 2019 civic ex 1.5t is 23400 + 920 dest = 24320 and the invoice is 21738 + 920 dest = 22658. My question is how do you get OTD for 21k?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

-Guru

#10 ·
Thanks to each of you for responding. I am sorry I missed the emails since i was out of the market for a while. Can you'll please explain how you got the 21k out the door for 2019 Honda EX sedan. Does it include dealer fees and taxes? Don't see that in Florida..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.