This will be stupid put please bear with me - 10th Gen Civic Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 12:42 AM Thread Starter

This will be stupid put please bear with me

Hi im in high school and new here to this forum my dad is looking into getting me my first car. While i really like the civic ,the 2014 volvo s60 is the car my dad likes and even suggested to me. Now here comes the stupid part IMO i think push button start is a bit stupid i prefer having a key ever since i was a kid ive always loved car keys and the motion to turn them in the ignition bringing the engine to life always brought me joy. This feeling and even stubbornness on my part is making me think of getting the 2016 lx rather then the ex. The ex may be more loaded but do you guys think its a big deal to downgrade to an lx just because the ex is push button start?
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 03:25 PM

Garage
Take a good look at the things that EX will give you that the LX doesn't have. Then weigh your wants and needs. If the extra things on the EX don't overcome your want for a physical key to start the car, you have your answer! Every car purchase is a compromise in one way or another, and this is YOUR car so get what you want.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 01:16 PM

My brother-in-law has a 2018 LX and my daughter has a EX-L. I have ridden in both and find that the EX-L seems to be better put together. I think you had better drive an EX and a LX before you make a decision.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 09:51 AM

"ever since I was a kid"?

you still are cuz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 10th Gen Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in